Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I *might* have made a mistake voting for Obama.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
    Just so you know.. there are almost as many Guns per person in Canada as there is in the USA %wise.. It`s a cultural thing.. Canadian Culture does not glorify Violence.. The USA does..
    I know. I've lived in Canada. I know the statistics, but like you say its just that Canadians don't speak about their guns, and cradle them like we do in America. semi-automatics sub machineguns, and assault rifles are stricklty prohibited in Canada though.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
      Your right, they do undermine our fundemantal rights as American citizens, but I read that the assault rifle ban lowered the number of homicides linked to the usage of assault rifles, but increased hand-gun related murders.

WRONG.

Assault weapon crimes did not stop. Look at the north hollywood for example. It right right in the middel of the federal and city ban.

DURING THE ASSAULT WEAPON BAN

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
        WRONG.

Assault weapon crimes did not stop. Look at the north hollywood for example. It right right in the middel of the federal and city ban.

Thats what I read last summer based on official government stats.

Comment

WRONG.

Of course crime didn't stop. The majority of gun related crime is commited by drug dealers and the 'poor' community. Do you think that they will say "oh, guns are illegal now, no guns for me."? No, because there are still millions of unregistered guns on the street and blackmarket. I'm also guessing that it's not hard to cross into another state and buy a gun there.

The fact is, giving a violent, crime ridden society, a free reign on gun ownership is madness. People always use stupid arguments like "what if somebody tries to rape my wife while I'm at work"?. And I would answer, what if that rapist uses a gun threaten your wife and rape her? Take away the gun from the situation and a woman could fight a rapist off. Leave the gun in there and the woman either gets raped, or gets her head blown off.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxshayne View Post
            I`m a black man and i told many blacks that Obama is a fraud and he want`s
            to ban guns,Start a forced compulsory draft where you get basic training and do "community work"which was on his website,And that he voted for the war in Iraq,voted Warrantless wiretapping,Patriot act and other horrible things.

I was called an uncle tom by some of them even though i don`t like MCcain either.

I wanted someone from a third party to win like Ralf Nader or Cinthia Mckinnly
            (former black female congressman).

Neither of them are corporate ho`s.

Obama didnt vote for the Iraq war. The vote was in 2002 and he wasnt in the US senate until 2004.

pwned another noob

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
              Of course crime didn't stop. The majority of gun related crime is commited by drug dealers and the 'poor' community. Do you think that they will say "oh, guns are illegal now, no guns for me."? No, because there are still millions of unregistered guns on the street and blackmarket. I'm also guessing that it's not hard to cross into another state and buy a gun there.

The fact is, giving a violent, crime ridden society, a free reign on gun ownership is madness. People always use stupid arguments like "what if somebody tries to rape my wife while I'm at work"?. And I would answer, what if that rapist uses a gun threaten your wife and rape her? Take away the gun from the situation and a woman could fight a rapist off. Leave the gun in there and the woman either gets raped, or gets her head blown off.
              Are you fucking stupid?

Comment

Are you fucking stupid?
                No, I'm not ****ing stupid, I'm ****ing your wife.

Comment

No, I'm not ****ing stupid, I'm ****ing your wife.
                  Lets keep it clean guys.

Comment

Gun crimes are always higher in those cities where guns are banned. Criminals will always have guns, just like they'll always have access to drugs. Making guns illegal just takes them away from law abiding citizens and empowers criminals and gangs.

Personally I'm more worried about inflation going through the roof with the trillions of dollars this admin expects to print. If I can't refinance out of this ARM before then, I'm screwed. I don't see this country letting anyone take away their guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                      Gun crimes are always higher in those cities where guns are banned. Criminals will always have guns, just like they'll always have access to drugs. Making guns illegal just takes them away from law abiding citizens and empowers criminals and gangs.
                      Good point.

Thats why America should have a national gun ban if it actually wants to significantly reduce the amount of deaths per year due to gun crime.

Comment

Working...
                      X