Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is al Haymon that worst thing ever to happen to the sport of boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
    Correction to the thread from the year 1997 and on who has been the worst person involved with the sport. Don't care what you say that slimeball is at least top ten.
    Since 97, ok what has he done that is so wrong? If it is so obvious you should have plenty of very good evidence.

Him putting his guys in good spots most of the time is not enough, because most guys are moved like that. So I really don't feel your outrage. Fights don't happen all the time and Haymon is far from the only one playing that game also.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Boxing has been on a long road to this juncture so what is Haymon really guilty of other than being an opportunist taking advantage of a situation he really had nothing to do with creating. Some would call that being a capitalist, especially if he is being successful.

Comment

No. The multiple sanctioning bodies with 5 world champions make Haymon look like a saint.

Comment

worst thing?

that's a tough one...im still gonna go with Teddy Atlas talking

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Since 97, ok what has he done that is so wrong? If it is so obvious you should have plenty of very good evidence.

Him putting his guys in good spots most of the time is not enough, because most guys are moved like that. So I really don't feel your outrage. Fights don't happen all the time and Haymon is far from the only one playing that game also.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Boxing has been on a long road to this juncture so what is Haymon really guilty of other than being an opportunist taking advantage of a situation he really had nothing to do with creating. Some would call that being a capitalist, especially if he is being successful.
          Wow. And I can't even argue with that. Ure so strong in ure belief for him that I just gotta admire it. That being said u make me feel like broner vs taylor this weekend is gonna be of epic proportion ala Duran vs Leonard.

Comment

Correction to the thread from the year 1997 and on who has been the worst person involved with the sport. Don't care what you say that slimeball is at least top ten.
            Don King & Bob Arum, (just to mention two) back in their hay-day makes even the worst guy today, look like an angel.

Haymon isn't even remotely close because he represents only one part of the equation ... "The client" or the boxer.

Comment

Wow. And I can't even argue with that. Ure so strong in ure belief for him that I just gotta admire it. That being said u make me feel like broner vs taylor this weekend is gonna be of epic proportion ala Duran vs Leonard.
              I don't really admire him I just don't see much of the problem with him either. He is out to make a profit like anyone else, either his method with be successful or it will not.

If you want to talk in hyperbole like a little kid instead of actually debating your point go right ahead, but once again that shows why your thread was not that good to start with.

I tried to help you a bit but you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink~

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Guess you missed the mob and all the fixed fights in boxing
                i guess he missed boxing in the 90's too because he managed fighters back then as well.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                  Don King & Bob Arum, (just to mention two) back in their hay-day makes even the worst guy today, look like an angel.

Haymon isn't even remotely close because he represents only one part of the equation ... "The client" or the boxer.
                  Don king and bob Arum while not saints...

ALWAYS made the biggest fights.

If you look at ANY of the big fights during there prime, you'll see Arum or King promoting it.

Haymon makes NO big fights despite the fact he has 60 damn fighters signed. This level of ducking competition has NEVER been a part of boxing until Haymon showed up and made bank off Andre Berto fighting bums.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Not the worst ever. Just the worst right now. At least he isn't intimidating fighters into taking dives.
                    He doesn't need to when he just puts on Garcia/Salk type mismatches.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                      Don king and bob Arum while not saints...

ALWAYS made the biggest fights.

If you look at ANY of the big fights during there prime, you'll see Arum or King promoting it.

Haymon makes NO big fights despite the fact he has 60 damn fighters signed. This level of ducking competition has NEVER been a part of boxing until Haymon showed up and made bank off Andre Berto fighting bums.
                      he is just a manager, he does not have a promotional company.

Comment

Working...
                      X