No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: I Want To Stop The Mayweather Comparisons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner: I Want To Stop The Mayweather Comparisons

WBC lightweight champion Adrien Broner (25-0, 21KOs) wants to put an end to the constant comparisons to pound-for-pound great Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs).

Broner is often compared to Mayweather. Broner fights in a similar but more aggressive style. They share the same manager, Al Haymon. And they are both flashy and outspoken. Last but certainly not least, they are both undefeated.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Keep winning and taking on the toughest challenges out there and the comparisons will die down.

Comment

If Broner wants the Floyd comparisons to stop, he needs to stop mimicking Floyd's "Money May" persona. I have no issues with him using Floyd's fighting style. He's very good at it. Not only is he good at it, but he's added things to it that makes him good, and entertaining at the same time. Where my issue with him comes when he uses Floyd's punchlines and pretty much copies his persona. Now personally, I don't have a problem with it. I like the kid. I drove four hours to see him fight Escobedo. But if Broner genuinely wants to distance himself from the Floiyd comparisons, he needs to simply cut all the bull**** outside the ring and concentrate solely on kicking ass in it. Because he's damn good at it.

Comment

As long as Broner fights the best, doesn't pick n choose, n most importantly doesn't duck, then there will be no comparisons. Broner is skilled. I see him taking on the best.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          If Broner wants the Floyd comparisons to stop, he needs to stop mimicking Floyd's "Money May" persona. I have no issues with him using Floyd's fighting style. He's very good at it. Not only is he good at it, but he's added things to it that makes him good, and entertaining at the same time. Where my issue with him comes when he uses Floyd's punchlines and pretty much copies his persona. Now personally, I don't have a problem with it. I like the kid. I drove four hours to see him fight Escobedo. But if Broner genuinely wants to distance himself from the Floiyd comparisons, he needs to simply cut all the bull**** outside the ring and concentrate solely on kicking ass in it. Because he's damn good at it.
          Floyd is corny and forced. Broner is a clown. He's' not mimicking Floyd's personality. He's being himself.

Comment

good for him to want to carve out his own path.

Comment

You just did.

Comment

he is a much more aggresive fighter then Floyd, i feel that he is a fighter n Mayweather is more of a boxer, Broner can box them or fight n has a good defense n a chin

"they step on some doo doo they cant get of there shoe"

Comment

i dont know why people care about how they act lol, watch them in the ring how they fight **** how they act that some gay ****, i understand they act stupid but why does that matter, that should not let u think he is a **** fighter, that way acts shouldnt let u change of how he fights n recognize the mans skills in the ring cause its a tough sport physically n mentally n takes greatness to do that
                  Last edited by TX_BOXNG; 11-18-2012, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Going to be hard with that style you have.

Comment

Working...
                    X