Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexei Lezin (Beat Wlad,Vitali,Valuev,Peter)How Good Could He Have Been as a Pro?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexei Lezin (Beat Wlad,Vitali,Valuev,Peter)How Good Could He Have Been as a Pro?

Lezin is another example of how Eastern Euros didnt quite understand HW boxing or had the desire to enter professional boxing. I wonder how good he could have been had he turned professional in the mid 90's. People complain about americans going into the NFL or NBA...how diluted had the talent ranks been throughout boxing history when only 1/5th of the 1/3rd as populated planet had pro boxing as an option.

Lezin is 6'6 and was consistently around 235... has amateur wins over Wlad, Vitali and Valuev...so I wonder how good he could have been as a pro. I dont think hed be as good as Wlad or Vitali, watching their fights he appeared a lot smaller, but he was pretty quikc for his size, had a good counter punch, but i think some grazing blows not counted in the ams, would have been hurting him a lot in a pro fight. Similar to what I think happened to Solis. but I think he would have been a good guy for them to battle against and he probably would have won a belt at some point.

In 1996 he lost to Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Faerun View Post
      In 1996 he lost to Wlad.
      He actually beat Wlad at the Euro Championships in 1996. He went back and forth in his matches with the brothers. From what I found he was 2-2 with Vitali and 1-1 with Wlad and 1-0 vs. Valuev.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
        Lezin is another example of how Eastern Euros didnt quite understand HW boxing or had the desire to enter professional boxing. I wonder how good he could have been had he turned professional in the mid 90's. People complain about americans going into the NFL or NBA...how diluted had the talent ranks been throughout boxing history when only 1/5th of the 1/3rd as populated planet had pro boxing as an option.

Lezin is 6'6 and was consistently around 235... has amateur wins over Wlad, Vitali and Valuev...so I wonder how good he could have been as a pro. I dont think hed be as good as Wlad or Vitali, watching their fights he appeared a lot smaller, but he was pretty quikc for his size, had a good counter punch, but i think some grazing blows not counted in the ams, would have been hurting him a lot in a pro fight. Similar to what I think happened to Solis. but I think he would have been a good guy for them to battle against and he probably would have won a belt at some point.
        stop with your propaganda. the amateur system back in the 70s ish was actually no different from professional boxing, no headgear, about same glove size, similiar scoring. FAR different from the pitty pat system we have today.

and there were more professional boxers back then than there is now.

and if he was struggling with teenage versions of Wladimir, then chances are Levin wouldnt have got far at all in professional boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
          stop with your propaganda. the amateur system back in the 70s ish was actually no different from professional boxing, no headgear, about same glove size, similiar scoring. FAR different from the pitty pat system we have today.

and there were more professional boxers back then than there is now.

and if he was struggling with teenage versions of Wladimir, then chances are Levin wouldnt have got far at all in professional boxing.
          HES ONLY 2 YEARS OLDER THAN WLAD. HE IS 2 YEARS YOUNGER THAN VITALI. So can you say, "If Vitali was struggling with teenage versions of Alexei Lexin, then chances are Vitali wouldnt have got far at all in professional boxing?

Youre a joke. And cite where there were more pro boxers in the world back then, as opposed to today. Show me one cite. You cant because youre a liar.

Im also sure the first black people who learned about basketball got schooled by whites who had been playing it for decades. It takes some time to develop a sport in a country. People say Babe Ruth had a benefit not playing against blacks...blacks make up less than 8% of baseball currently...Eastern Euro's make up about 50% of the top heavyweights today. So Babe Ruth clearly benefitted far far less from no blacks than Ali did from no Eastern Euros.

Ali is a joke, he's lucky he fought at a time when Eastern Euros were banned from competing. They would have probably killed him in the ring.

Comment

Working...
          X