No announcement yet.

Roger Gracie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalVomit View Post
    his hands are slower than ****. other than that, he looked good.
    he's a gracie what do you expect?

they always look ****ty standing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Maybe, but that doesn't seem to be the case with Roger, seeing as he was able to beat the guy put in front of him.
      don't listen to him.

gracie bashing is the new "thing" for mma newbs.

gracies suck. gracie style sucks. all the old fighters suck. it's all about the new generation of mma fighters.

funny thing is he's a gsp buttlicker.

you know the gsp who trained at renzo gracie academy in new york and got his brown belt from renzo gracie.

also the same gsp who got his black belt from gracie barra montreal.

but of course gracies still suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        don't listen to him.

gracie bashing is the new "thing" for mma newbs.

gracies suck. gracie style sucks. all the old fighters suck. it's all about the new generation of mma fighters.

funny thing is he's a gsp buttlicker.

you know the gsp who trained at renzo gracie academy in new york and got his brown belt from renzo gracie.

also the same gsp who got his black belt from gracie barra montreal.

but of course gracies still suck.
        The Gracie's suck at MMA because they enter the ring/cage with the foolish notion that all they need is Gracie Jiu Jitsu. I never said their art was useless.

But nice try

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
          The Gracie's suck at MMA because they enter the ring/cage with the foolish notion that all they need is Gracie Jiu Jitsu. I never said their art was useless.

But nice try
          if that's what they want to believe that's on them. who are you talking about anyway? there's hundreds of gracies/machados. who specifically is the they?

it's practically their art. judo which they based bjj on is a totally different animal now.

besides how many gracies do you see in mma nowadays?

3 fights from roger? igor? daniel?

they hardly have any mma fights so what's the problem?

if they want to get a fight or two in mma that's on them.

Comment

they hardly have any mma fights so what's the problem?

if they want to get a fight or two in mma that's on them.
            I just don't like the fact that because they are Gracie's, they can get fights on the main card over other fighters who are not only likely better but will put on better fights.

That's true there aren't many Gracie's fighting in MMA nowadays, but I still find it hilarious how everyone gets so worked up whenever one decides to.

Comment

I just don't like the fact that because they are Gracie's, they can get fights on the main card over other fighters who are not only likely better but will put on better fights.

That's true there aren't many Gracie's fighting in MMA nowadays, but I still find it hilarious how everyone gets so worked up whenever one decides to.
              that's life.

i bet you if an earnhardt wants to give nascar a try , he'd have an easier time getting a sponsor.

a manning will get some press if he joins his high school football team.

most gracies have been practicing bjj since they were kids. they usually have black belts in bjj. as good a resume as any for starting out in the sport.

Comment

that's life.

i bet you if an earnhardt wants to give nascar a try , he'd have an easier time getting a sponsor.

a manning will get some press if he joins his high school football team.

most gracies have been practicing bjj since they were kids. they usually have black belts in bjj. as good a resume as any for starting out in the sport.
                I know that's how it goes. But I still don't agree with it. I think everyone should have to work their way up not just "get it" because of a name or a family legacy.

Comment

he was pretty good for his 3rd fight. But if he doesn't improve from last night's fight, he wont' do very well in MMA... But I'm sure he'll be improving with every fight.

He just needs to learn how to initialize his takedowns. He needs to add some wrestling to his game. and his striking wasn't that great, but he doesn't really need it... Roger has said that he doesn't care too much about his standup. His game is BJJ and that is what he's going to use to win every fight.

Comment

Gracies have had a lot of success in MMA, and Roger is potentially the best of them all.... at least BJJ wise. So his hype is well founded.

Comment

I know that's how it goes. But I still don't agree with it. I think everyone should have to work their way up not just "get it" because of a name or a family legacy.
                      since 2000 , he's been 1st place in his weight class and open weight class ELEVEN times in bjj world championships. the few times he didn't win 1st place , he was 2nd place.

he's also entered and won abu dhabi several times against some of the best grapplers in the world.

grappling and bjj is very big part of mma.

Comment

Working...
                      X