Amateur Experience before going PRO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amateur Experience before going PRO?

Hi guys

I want to now how much experience amateurs have before they go PRO..... i now a few that have near enough 7 years plus even 10-15 years, but cus of my age, i was wonderin is 5 years adequate? I'm pretty distant with my combos and my fitness level is at a pretty well good standard now, the only thing i lack is sparrin, only done this 4 times, I have me combos and i do look at fights on the internet to view there sparrin and or fights and combos, to perfect mine as such. Personally i just need sparrin experience and coach guidance now to get me in the right foot steps and to brush up on my combos with coachin aspect of it, but i'am pretty confident with sparrin only having 4 experiences mind.
    What you reckon guys? thanks for your time,

It's not about years, its about amatuer fights and how fast you learn. If you have sparred only 4 times then you are FAR away from going pro. I would say 30-40 amatuer fights or so to start, winning almost every fight.

Comment

Have you had any fights yet?

Comment

5 years my ass, maybe 5 months

Comment

I'd highly recommend you don't go pro.

Please.

Comment

its more about sparring experience than actual am fights but they are very important to have. i dont have near as many fights as i should have, in comparison to my years training and total rounds of sparring being upwards of 500 rounds, so it doesnt meana guy with a few more fights than me is better. my second fight at open, i fought a guy with over 100 fights lol.

Comment

yea thats whats tough about once your open, it could be a guy with 11 or 311 you never know haha

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
                its more about sparring experience than actual am fights but they are very important to have. i dont have near as many fights as i should have, in comparison to my years training and total rounds of sparring being upwards of 500 rounds, so it doesnt meana guy with a few more fights than me is better. my second fight at open, i fought a guy with over 100 fights lol.
                Damn!

How'd you do?

Comment

Working...
                X