Floyd Mayweather vs. Danny Garcia Deal Almost Done For September 13 Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather vs. Danny Garcia Deal Almost Done For September 13 Clash

Floyd Mayweather vs. Danny Garcia Deal Almost Done For September 13 Clash'

The Worldwide Sport Of Boxing has been informed that WBC/WBA Super World/The Ring junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia has been presented with an offer to take on pound for pound king and WBC/WBA Super World/The Ring welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather - who is also the WBC/WBA Super World/The Ring junior middleweight champion - on September 13.

It is understood that a deal is very close and an announcement is imminent. Mayweather and Garcia will go on a major promotional tour to several cities to promote fight - accompanied by their fathers and trainers; Floyd Mayweather Sr. and Angel Garcia.

It is unclear whether Garcia would step up to 147lbs to challenge Mayweather for his welterweight titles, or whether Mayweather would drop down to the 140lbs division to challenge Garcia for his junior welterweight title. All will be confirmed in the imminent announcement.

Last edited by Bayles$; 06-02-2014, 08:27 PM.

Floyd should move to 140 and try and get the 140 belts, since his 140 run was weak with Corley, gatti, bruscles

Danny and dad tried to milk the belts for awhile and didn't want the Floyd fight right away after the Lucas win, but since Herrera almost upset the applecart, the garcias are cashing out why they still undefeated..

Comment

If it's Danny-Floyd, or froch-Chavez on the same night.. I'm picking froch-chavez

Comment

I hope its at 140. Floyd would be lineal, unified champion in 3 weght divisions.

Comment

whats the source? great fight if it's true..

Comment

Not a fan of this fight. No way Floyd could even come close to making 140 healthy. He could probably kill himself and make it, but he hasn't fought there since 2005. Damn near a decade ago.

I mean they should have just made this for last May instead while Danny was riding high off wins over Khan, Judah, Lucas, etc. Now the Garcia buzz has dropped because of the Herrera fight.

Comment

Comment

Hopefully it's at 140, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be at 147. Oh well, I'll still watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post
                  whats the source? great fight if it's true..
                  The Worldwide Sport Of Boxing facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Floyd should move to 140 and try and get the 140 belts, since his 140 run was weak with Corley, gatti, bruscles

Danny and dad tried to milk the belts for awhile and didn't want the Floyd fight right away after the Lucas win, but since Herrera almost upset the applecart, the garcias are cashing out why they still undefeated..
                    Floyd 'couldn't' make 144 five years ago against Marquez. He's not going to 140.

Comment

Working...
                    X