Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia vs roach, who's right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roach can be a dick some time but for real fock Ariza.

Comment

Perhaps none was entirely right, but let’s look at it objectively. It is not so much about what you say and do, but how you say it and do it. It’s true Freddy was impatient, short tempered, and too reactive, but Robert was using the gym on Roach’s time, was giving interviews, and was totally uncooperative. In black and white, it was Roach’s time to use the gym. If team Rios decided to do interviews during their gym time, it’s their fault. Robert had sent Rios to the elliptical for half an hour one minute before Freddy showed up and it is safe to assume that he meant Rios to be on the machine for the 30 minutes, plus the time to cool down, pack up, and stretch (or whatever else it is that Ariza does to fighters). So they might’ve grossly trespass upon Roach’s time for quite some time.
      It is also true that Freddy Roach lost his cool quickly enough, but Garcia was being deliberately uncooperative, he was unyielding to any request, he was not looking at Roach when he was being addressed, he was the epitome of a mule saying NO, NO, NO! (Not literally). What was Freddy to do, call his dad? I agree there are more civilized ways to settle that problem, but these are fighters, and they sometime react accordingly. I also agree with the poster who said this was a set up for Roach to flip over. Sometimes just being ignored and especially when you’re right (Freddy could prove that it was his time to use the gym) can be irritating to some people, and it seemed that Freddy is one of those people.
      I am not trying to clear Roach of all wrongdoing, but Garcia sometimes strikes me as a sort of fake nice guy who sometimes acts through his fighters. I mean, a good amount of a……s seem to gravitate towards him and his gym, and seem to have pretty good chemistry with him. For every decent guy like Mickey and Maidana he has a Margarito, a Rios, or a Vargas. It was him egging Rios on to imitate Roach on that video before the Pac-Marg fight, so trying to say he has never disrespected Roach is not precisely accurate. He just tried to play the political correctness card, like he was trying to be conciliatory, reaching to Roach, when in fact, he was simply and purposely obstructing team Pac’s access to the gym.
      Bringing Ariza to the team was like Mayweather inviting Rios to the Ortiz bout. But it is justifiable since Rios has had so many weight issues in the past, and anyways, they may bring whoever they want to camp. But being the head of the camp, he should have put Ariza on check before the escalation. In my humble opinion, Robert was simply a very smooth operator who, to anyone who does not follow boxing very closely, was made to look like the good guy who did nothing to upset Roach, and Freddy was the grumpy, impatient, and xenophobic guy who exploded for no reason. So, the casuals who do not follow the build up to fights, the training camps, and all other peripheral boxing activities, Garcia came out better. Let everyone draw their own conclusions.

Sorry for long and tiresome post.

Comment

lets be real about this

1 - Top Rank shouldn't have set up a situation where gym time overlapped particularly when it's well known Roach is obsessive about preparations and prone to blow ups when he feels his control of a situation isn't there

2 - Roach should never have stepped to Garcia mid-interview in front of cameras and tried to aggressively get him out of there, clearly the Margarito/Rios stuff still hangs over him

3 - Garcia mostly acted with dignity, but being boxing, he had to stand his ground whilst showing respect

4 - Roach lost his **** far too quickly and shouldn't have called Garcia a piece of **** without serious provocation

5 - Ariza had no business getting involved in the discussion. But, hey, cameras were there and he's desperately trying to stay 'in' with Garcias - and as soon as he joined in it escalated. If he stays in his box, Roach/Garcia work it out without much more nonsense

6 - Once Ariza starts his childish mocking of Roach's boxing-related disability, esp with their history/his short fuse/his fighting background of course Roach is going to react and that's what happened

7 - the kick was a BIT*H move and escalated **** further - arguably caused everything that followed

8 - At that point Roach adrenaline through the roof, Ariza has kicked him and is mocking him, so anyone that comes at him he just wants to get to - so he said things that there's no excuse for

9 - Ariza continued from behind the safety of numbers/security and distance to use just as offensive language and mock the gay/disabled (anyone with a relative with any sort of mental disability would be offended by Ariza) - He showed what an absolute dick he is.

10 - Only issues I have with Garcia are that he shouldn't have laughed even a little at Ariza's 'stuttering' , and that he should have told Ariza to shut the f(*& up in the first place and not make a scene.

11 - Roach isn't a racist, he's a nasty, spiteful screwed up guy who is a born fighter - but he used offensive language in a bad situation and will live to regret it. A racist doesn't keep clients of so many different races.

12 - Seckbach is milking this way too far and his accusations of racism and KKK etc are on dodgy ground. Also if you're going to spend hours tweeting about the offensiveness of a racially motivated remark, you can't possibly ignore ****phobic and disablist (?) remarks made in the same exchange.

13 - Roach started this, no doubt, but it wouldn't have gone so bad if Ariza hadn't have opened his mouth where it wasn't needed. So bottom line, there's no innocent parties in all of this, although to be fair, Rios stayed relatively pro throughout (apart from the funny as fuc* "kill em")

14 - Ariza is an attention seeking fool who can't resist the cameras. In the cold light of day I hope RG who I have a lot of respect for realises he doesn't need this clown in his camp

Comment

Robert Garcia did nothing wrong, he was doing his own thing then Roach walked in and went racist/ape shit and ended up getting stomped on the chest...

I'm not saying Ariza did right by kicking Roach, but everyone takes situations differently. Roach looked as if he was about to attack Ariza, he had his fists balled up, and he IS a former professional fighter.

Roach was definitely in the wrong here.

Comment

both in the wrong

Comment

Working...
            X