No announcement yet.

Anyone play the guitar?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phallus View Post
    I got a chuck berry songbook for guitar, that's about the easiest songs to play I've ever seen. I'd recommend downloading it for beginners, a lot of old songs, Beatles, and 1950's rock are really, really easy to play
    Kind of songs I started off learning. Still fun to play too.

Comment

i've started playing since im in grade school, we were the first band in our own school

then after my guitar broke, i lost interest and stopped playing for long time then recently i bought a new one then started again

just try to learn first the simple songs with simple chords until you're comfortable enough with your fingers

Comment

playing for about 15 years now. started with the electric but now i prefer playing classical/nylon and do my own fingerstyle arrangements (by ripping off people from youtube who are actually talented)

Igor is my hero

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
          playing for about 15 years now. started with the electric but now i prefer playing classical/nylon and do my own fingerstyle arrangements (by ripping off people from youtube who are actually talented)
          This is what I'm most interested in learning, I'm thinking I'm going to pick up a classical guitar this weekend and hopefully I'll be able to get an hour a day under my fingers.

I've seen quite a few videos from Igor but as of right now my favourite's KellyValleau.

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
            This is what I'm most interested in learning, I'm thinking I'm going to pick up a classical guitar this weekend and hopefully I'll be able to get an hour a day under my fingers.

I've seen quite a few videos from Igor but as of right now my favourite's KellyValleau.

Thanks for the help guys.
            Kelly's ok.

A good exercise i did to improve my right was to tape my middle and index finger and just used my ring, thumb, and pinky when plucking. Makes it easier to work on much more complex arpeggios once you are able to play simpler once with that handicap.

try to get a guitar teacher. you'll progress much faster compared with watching youtube tutorials

Comment

Ive been playing for 25 years but i was better after about 3 years than i i ever was (i could play Rust in Piece cover to cover tight as) and way better than i am now.

Partly because i nearly cut my arm off in an accident and have limited feeling in half my picking hand but more because once i got really good i stopped practicing. As soon as i joined a band i just played, if i needed to learn a solo i would sit down and learn it but i never really did exercises again. Now im really sloppy but to get good again id have to go back to basics and build up again.

The key to learning is to slow down and dont speed up til you have it perfect otherwise youre just learning mistakes. Also use a metronome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post

Igor is my hero

he's good

have you seen Sungha Jung?

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                  he's good

have you seen Sungha Jung?

yeah. sungha's ok as well.

I dunno. I like Igor's playing style more for some reason.

incredibly talented guys.

Comment

dowload guitar pro. it's a cool software to learn some and there's millions of tabs on the internet

Comment

I could play Lithium (Nirvana) after a couple of months, but also was teaching myself from a book. Guitar for Dummies.

Im more of a noisey punk rock power riffs stoner rock guy, so its all kinda easy.

Im only advice is to not practice for only half an hour a day, but to sit with the guitar as much as possible and just get used to it. Just toy with it when you are watching tv.

Comment

Working...
                      X