No announcement yet.

Why you should naturally root for Katsidis against Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Katsidis will lose yet another big fight.
    like lucas and glen?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Katsidis will lose yet another big fight.
      Is Guerrero really up there with Marquez/Casa?

Comment

Ghost will win this and make Kats look very limited in the process, PM me for bets on this.

Comment

Guerrero is a disgusting, gutless coward. I almost threw up when I watched his fight with Yordan - if he had any cojones, he would have continued - despicable act of cowardice, that was.

Katsidis is the meanest, toughest, baddest fighter in the world - straight up, all action, all aggression, balls-to-the-wall type of fighter. He leaves no prisoners.

If you're not supporting Katsidis tomorrow, you are not a man and not a fan of this great sport.

WAR.

Comment

Originally posted by stones! View Post
            guerrero is a disgusting, gutless coward. I almost threw up when i watched his fight with yordan - if he had any cojones, he would have continued - despicable act of cowardice, that was.

Katsidis is the meanest, toughest, baddest fighter in the world - straight up, all action, all aggression, balls-to-the-wall type of fighter. He leaves no prisoners.

If you're not supporting katsidis tomorrow, you are not a man and not a fan of this great sport.

War.
            he waves a mexican flag but cant speak spanish? Haha

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
              like lucas and glen?
              No, worse than them. Lucas' career is barely getting going and Glen has at least won a legit world championship.

Originally posted by Homeless Lump View Post
              Is Guerrero really up there with Marquez/Casa?
              I wouldn't say that, but he will beat Katsidis just like they did.

Comment

Originally posted by shoulderroll View Post
                no, worse than them. Lucas' career is barely getting going and glen has at least won a legit world championship.

I wouldn't say that, but he will beat katsidis just like they did.
                glen has lost big fights fact...lucas hasnt done ****......................................i like lucas but when they mention them before a fight do they say " de la zona norte tijuana mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Comment

It all depends on whether Katsidis is physically stronger than Guerrero. If he is, I see him winning by taking the back stretch after a good first half by Guerrero; if he isn't, he loses.

Guerrero has a good, built physique at 135 and will probably rehydrate more than MK, but I see Kats still being the stronger of the 2 and being able to keep Guerrero on the back foot.

Katsidis just has to fight his fight, where he stays on the outside and uses his underrated foot speed (faster than Guerrero's) to get on the inside whenever he's ready to attack. Katsidis will have his way with Guerrero after he gets on the inside, muscles him to the ropes, and sneaks in short shots, he just has to be careful getting caught coming in (which Guerrero can do).

The odds have Katsidis by decision as the longest shot, but Guerrero has a pretty good chin from what I've seen, so I don't see him being stopped. This figures to be a close fight, so as long as the judges give Katsidis an even playing field, I got him taking this.

Comment

When a fighter quits, it really does haunt him. If I were a boxer, I'd just lay it on the line, even if I was injured. If you get legit injured in a fight, and lose, you can always hang your head high knowing you went out like a champ. I know a fighter could be putting his future on the line doing it, but I look at it like this: It's better to go out giving it your all, then to give up and potentially cheat yourself out of a win.

In my eyes, a fighter's job is to do just that: fight. Like Mike Tyson always used to say, "This is the hurt business." Injuries will happen inside a boxing ring. If a fighter isn't prepared to go to war, he shouldn't be a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanGreen1991 View Post
                      Im Bay Area born, I used to be a big fan of the Ghost: until he fought in San Jose in March 09 against Daud Yordan: I remember he suffered a nasty gash, but as I best recall it, the fight doctor himself said he couldve continued but Guerrero insisted the bout be called off and QUIT two rounds in; it was that one showing, that changed my views on him; I am not one to call any fighter a coward, but if a fight doctor himself has deemed a fight can continue, and yet you still decide to quit, depriving the fans of what they paid for without a legitimate excuse, you wont be esteemed very highly in my book; is it just me, or has anyone else also noticed he's taken a more safety first approach since then? He's embarked on a trail of duds as of late, yes, with every fight, another victory, but he hasnt quite been viewer friendly: KATSIDIS, on the other hand, when has he not been in an exciting fight? He gives his blood, sweat and tears and doesnt avoid taking risk, he'll go down swinging, as proven in two of his best fights against Joel Casamayor and Juan Manuel Marquez; he may not be the most skilled, but his heart may never questioned; it's a battled of wills in that squared circle, and tomorrow I see a Katsidis career performance, Guerrero just wont measure up to the task at hand
                      His wife was dying of cancer his head was not in the fight,i will never talk sht about the ghost for that fight imagine if it was you.

Comment

Working...
                      X