Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So now a fighter gets discredited for winning and a fighter gets credit for losing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now a fighter gets discredited for winning and a fighter gets credit for losing?

You simply can not make this stuff up. this is amazing..you get credit for getting your ass whipped against hall of famers..but beating hall of famers gets you no credit?
    Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Pretty much sums it up.

A resume isn't just the names that you see on paper, you've got to put names in proper context.

Floyd has:
    Oscar
    Mosley
    JMM
    Cotto

All of whom are sure fire HOFers yet Mosley was shot, Oscar was almost shot and Cotto had taken some of the most horrendous beatings I've seen at the highest level in this sport and was no longer at his best weight.

JMM was a fat lightweight without the help of Mr Memo, so looking at that in proper context, those wins don't all account to greatness (I've always given Floyd a pass for Oscar and Hatton).

On the other hand you look at what Duran did against Hagler, Hearns and Leonard, they are all far greater than the entirety of Floyd's career even though he went 2-1 with SRL and got obliterated by Hearns and lost to Hagler. It's context *****!

Comment

Context being the key word

Comment

This is the most ******ed crap i have ever heard

Comment

You mean like Canelo, who stayed on the P4P list that he never should have even been on, just because he lost to Floyd?

Comment

So Ali should be ranked below Marciano Larry ?
            Gimme your top 5 heavyweights.

Comment

Who knows anymore. Also KO'ing bums proves you can KO anyone in history

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                Who knows anymore. Also KO'ing bums proves you can KO anyone in history
                so true

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  So Ali should be ranked below Marciano Larry ?
                  Gimme your top 5 heavyweights.
                  Ali has better wins then Marciano....i am not saying floyd should be ranked higher then duran..but look at the thread where the post comes from...and this poster is saying 1 persons lose can actually be better for his resume then anothers wins even tho the lose and the win came from hall of fame fighters..that is ridiculous

Comment

Broner got credit for simply surviving against Maidana. It happens... all about context and Broner got contextually ass whooped.

Comment

Working...
                    X