No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: I've Lost All Respect For Froch, Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    A fight as big as Froch-Kessler II? They're getting $2m each, calm down.
    If SKY decides on PPV and HBO comes on board I reckon those numbers will double.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      If SKY decides on PPV and HBO comes on board I reckon those numbers will double.
      Possibly. Either way, the idea of Ward being jealous is ludicrous. He is HBO's new poster boy and is about 5-7 years younger than both. He'll be seeing checks like that for a long time.

Comment

• Ward is the best fighter at 168 and possibly 175.

He is a perfect gentleman outside of the ring and has shown nothing but class.
        His fighting might seem a bit boring at times and I understand that some fans get frustrated because he doesn't want to travel.

But he have never gotten a home town decision.

Now to the people saying fighting at home makes no difference.

THAT I must disagree.

Once again.. Lennox Lewis said having the entire MSG cheering for Mercer and shouting insults non stop at him DID make a difference. Ray Mercer himself admitted that he never would have fought so well if he didn't have 17000 fans roaring for his every punch.

I'm not saying that Ward will fight worst if he fought in England.

i'm saying that Froch will fight BETTER.

Comment

Don't see Sky doing PPV again.

Have they mentioned that as a possibility?

Comment

Possibly. Either way, the idea of Ward being jealous is ludicrous. He is HBO's new poster boy and is about 5-7 years younger than both. He'll be seeing checks like that for a long time.
            Agree. This is not jealusy. It's marketing if you know what I'm saying. Sow some seeds for a potential future fight; generate some interest. Business.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Don't see Sky doing PPV again.

Have they mentioned that as a possibility?
              Hearn did. He said there is 3 fights that could make SKY go PPV again this being one of them. The other two involved Haye and Khan if I remember correctly.

Comment

• I'm just gonna' throw this out there but, Ward should fight Andre Dirrell. I can't be the only one who gives Dirrell a chance of beating Ward? and I'm not even a Dirrell fan.
                Last edited by Hitman Hodgson; 01-28-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Hearn did. He said there is 3 fights that could make SKY go PPV again this being one of them. The other two involved Haye and Khan if I remember correctly.
                  Yes, you're right.

Froch-Kessler II is definitely PPV in the UK.

Khan-Brook and Haye-Vitali would also be PPV.

Comment

Ah, I missed that.

That's a shame, I thought Sky was done with putting on PPV's.

Comment

A fight as big as Froch-Kessler II? They're getting $2m each, calm down.
                      £2m each, roughly $3.1m each with potential to rise.

The most telling part of Ward's comments are where he says the rematches with him aren't going the distance, i.e. he's interested in that guap.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 01-28-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X