No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Pirog Discusses Marquez, Pacquiao, Canelo, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    Meh, Guerreo is a decent draw at best. His last fight was Candelo. At worst he's an overhyped fighter who's bestwin is Ishe. I think its a garbage fight.

Geale turned down GGG for Mundine, i dont expect much there. But whatever, i have zero interest in that fight.

Murray's high in the ranking but sergio is ignoring pretty much everyone else at mw.
    The positive is that GGG/Rosado is in January, while Geale/Mundine and Quillin/Guerrero are in February. Martinez/Murray forces these other guys to think about fighting one another cuz they have three months of time on their hands. It's not like they can afford to sit and wait for Sergio. The guy I'm most worried about is Chavez, cuz of his ridiculous sense of entitlement. If he was willing to fight Golovkin or Quillin, then there would be no issues. Instead, he's probably gonna fight Macklin, and I don't want to see Martinez rematch either of them. If he only has 3 fights left, why waste them on rematches?
    Last edited by kiaba360; 01-02-2013, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      The positive is that GGG/Rosado is in January, while Geale/Mundine and Quillin/Guerrero are in February. Martinez/Murray forces these other guys to think about fighting one another cuz they have three months of time on their hands. It's not like they can afford to sit and wait for Sergio. The guy I'm most worried about is Chavez, cuz of his ridiculous sense of entitlement. If he was willing to fight Golovkin or Quillin, then there would be no issues. Instead, he's probably gonna fight Macklin, and I don't want to see Martinez rematch either of them. If he only has 3 fights left, why waste them on rematches?
      Chavez probably wouldn't take a fight that would jeopardize the Martinez rematch. If anything, Macklin might be too risky, it's not like JCC has beaten anyone better than him. If he takes it, props to him again, he has done a lot to shed his protected label since winning that belt.

There was another rumor of Chavez Pavlik, which is also pretty risky.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Chavez probably wouldn't take a fight that would jeopardize the Martinez rematch. If anything, Macklin might be too risky, it's not like JCC has beaten anyone better than him. If he takes it, props to him again, he has done a lot to shed his protected label since winning that belt.

There was another rumor of Chavez Pavlik, which is also pretty risky.
        But Chavez/Pavlik wouldn't be @160, so how would it help him get a rematch?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          But Chavez/Pavlik wouldn't be @160, so how would it help him get a rematch?
          It's probably baseless, but Chavez is bolting up as soon as he's done with the rematch, if not sooner. Maybe rematch at a CW, like Pavlik Taylor 2?

Btw, he doesn't need help getting the rematch. it's there for him if he wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by killacash View Post
            Anna Dragost said Pirog is a nobody in Russia. That surprised me. I remember people saying he was big in Russia fighting bums for big money.

1:30
            Dat accent.

Comment

Working...
            X