Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Garcia beats Thurman will he take his rightful place among top 10 p4p in the sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is a fight Thurman will really showcase. So yea I agree he deserves to be p4p if he pulls off this miracle

Comment

Originally posted by NYC8224 View Post
      Thats fine. Im surprised you arent giving Garcia a chance though against Thurman. Thurman is an animal but Garcia always seems to surprise. Ive always liked Garcia and i hope its a great fight
      yeah i just cant see it really, as i said im not some nostradamus and dont pretend to be, have got some horror ones wrong in the past (bute to beat froch was a bad one and i thought canelo would give mayweather hell) so maybe i will be wrong. I dont think garcias crap, or hes going to get 'exposed' (people wont believe me but i picked garcia to beat matthysse), just in my head cant see that fight playing out with garcia beating him, think thurman is that bit better in every department and dont see garcia having the power to take him out. know thurman found it hard against porter but i'd tip porter to beat garcia too

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        yeah i just cant see it really, as i said im not some nostradamus and dont pretend to be, have got some horror ones wrong in the past (bute to beat froch was a bad one and i thought canelo would give mayweather hell) so maybe i will be wrong. I dont think garcias crap, or hes going to get 'exposed' (people wont believe me but i picked garcia to beat matthysse), just in my head cant see that fight playing out with garcia beating him, think thurman is that bit better in every department and dont see garcia having the power to take him out. know thurman found it hard against porter but i'd tip porter to beat garcia too
        I think Thurman wins too but in a close fight. Its 50-50 imo. Thurman might be too strong for him, unless Garcia connects with some big body shots to keep Thurman away. Then again, against Collazo and Porter, he took the body shots and still came forward swinging so yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC8224 View Post
          I think Thurman wins too but in a close fight. Its 50-50 imo. Thurman might be too strong for him, unless Garcia connects with some big body shots to keep Thurman away. Then again, against Collazo and Porter, he took the body shots and still came forward swinging so yeah.
          cool cool, yeah i think it will be very one sided, looking at a late stoppage or wide points for thurman in my opinion. hopefully theres no hiccups with the build up and we get to find out what happens in the ring!

Comment

He's got a strong case to already be there.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              He's got a strong case to already be there.
              This^^^^ but I think it's debatable just because of the emergence of guys like loma, crawford, frampton, canelo

But if he cleanly beats thurman in convincing fashion, then I think he is a lock

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                This^^^^ but I think it's debatable just because of the emergence of guys like loma, crawford, frampton, canelo

But if he cleanly beats thurman in convincing fashion, then I think he is a lock
                All of those guys are in my top 10 as well.

Gonzalez
                Ward
                Kovalev
                Pacquiao
                Crawford
                Canelo
                Frampton
                Loma
                Rigo
                Garcia

Comment

Danny has no skills -- forget his marvelous resume. Alot of these fighters on the P4P looking good vs. average competition but who they beat? Why they hatin on 'Swift'? going to be unified been lineal @140! and he stays gunning for the best -- I never seen **** like this!

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Danny Garcia has the best resume of any fighter under the age of 30

he is not pretty, doesnt score a lot of knockouts, but gets the job done

I have a ton of respect for him. Yes he has won some close fights, like herrera and Peterson but he also has dealt with a variety of styles which will reflect not having shut out performances

Danny hasnt been protected in his career so calling the guy a cherrypicker is a huge disservice to him. he has been in their with more world champions than more lauded fighters like Terrance crawford, Loma, GGG, KOv and Ward.

Thurman is undefeated and holds a major title....once again dANNY will be the underdog....if he beats thurman, he pushes someone out of the pound for pound and takes his rightful place
                    I agree with a lot of what you said. I have had him as high as #8 or #9 p4p, and I also feel that he gets shortchanged because he doesn't always pass the "look" test.

But he gets the job done. And bc he had a close fight w Herrera, we get a lot of revisionist history, saying he's gotten a lot of gifts. The Herrera fight was the closes IMO, and I had Garcia barely winning.

Other fights were competitive (Matthysee, LPete), but I had Garcia clearly winning.

If he beats Thurman, he probably goes up to like #5 or #6 in my p4p, or even higher if its a great performance.

HOWEVER, I favor Thurman. It should be a competitive fight, and I think either dude can hurt the other, but I think Thurman may be just a bit better, and the size may make a difference.

Comment

Fighting a bunch of nobodies has also hurt DSG. Like I said, I had him like at #8 at some point - and then he went into PBC showcase mode, and other dudes overtook him.

We'll find out this weekend if he truly deserves p4p status

Comment

Working...
                      X