Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hand wrap techniques and materials used in the process?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand wrap techniques and materials used in the process?

Wats going on everybody. I just wanted to ask about the techniques you guys use to wrap your hands when yor going to begin your workout or post videos on youtube of your prefered method. Also whic type of handwraps do you guys use. Ive use the "mexican" style handwraps for a while, works for me, but ive seen guys just use pre-wrap and athletic tape. Thanks alot

If my hands are hurting, I'll do a 2-stage wrap starting with the LeRoy gauze at the base and either a 120" semi-gauze (the Leone wraps are awesome) on top or a 180" Mexican on top. If the hands feel good, I'll just do the Mexi wraps.
    Regardless of which method, I'll first wrap 5 full loops around the hand (over the knuckle area), then pull that off and put those 10 layers of wrap right on top of my knuckles. Then, continue a normal, open-palm wrapping style. I only go between the fingers once, and I do it near the end to keep everything snug and in-place.

One things I avoid is weaving in-between the fingers when wrapping. I was taught that method and it caused me nothing but problems. When I go between the fingers, I follow it down under the base of the pinky (the karate chop area) and around the back. This creates a little "grip-bar", keeps an open-palm, and doesn't put stress on the finger bones.

Comment

You guys forgot about the "foil". "Ya coach, we're puttin' on the foil.... wansome..."? ........Rockin'

Comment

I use the mexican ones from rage sports

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

One things I avoid is weaving in-between the fingers when wrapping. I was taught that method and it caused me nothing but problems. When I go between the fingers, I follow it down under the base of the pinky (the karate chop area) and around the back. This creates a little "grip-bar", keeps an open-palm, and doesn't put stress on the finger bones.

Same here... Not a fan of going in between the fingers. I know alot of guys who are though, so TS should try both ways.

Comment

Working...
          X