Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin Busted Up Groves Ribs In Sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gee73 View Post
    The random british guy or Steve Kim. Both probably don't know nothing about the situation....
    Asking Steve Kim to verify what might have happend is not the smartest move...
    don't know nothing?

Comment

Neither would surprise me. Groves is a fast and powerful counter puncher and Golovkin has no real defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        Steve Kim is plugged into the Cali boxing scene and Big Bear more than most people.

A minute later the same British guy says he knows Peter Quillin and that he isn't scared of anybody and would take the Golovkin fight yet he'll only fight Jacobs if the price is right and backed out of talks with Lemieux not too long ago. Kid Undercard also turned down a title shot against Golovkin prior to the cold war and winning the WBO belt when he was publicly begging for one. We all know Golovkin still isn't a big enough name for Peter though.
        lol @ Kid Undercard

Comment

Not surprising, Golovkin is knocking HWs out left and right during training camps. I was telling my friend the other day, I think he could move up to HW like Roy did and actually snatch the title away from a Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
            As if! Stevens was a bigger puncher than Groves n he couldn't drop GGG with 8oz gloves, like Groves is going to do it!
            JMW and up use 10oz gloves. 147 and down use 8 oz gloves. Unless there was some stipulation added into GGG vs Stevens to use 8oz gloves that I didn't know about.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Neither would surprise me. Groves is a fast and powerful counter puncher and Golovkin has no real defence.
              I think this is one of the biggest misconceptions around here.

Genady actually has a great defence once he decides to use it. You can watch a few of his amateur fights. Now as nobody really troubled him with the power he goes into all offence mode.

On top of that, the stats say the percentage with which his opponents connect on him is quite low.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                Not surprising, Golovkin is knocking HWs out left and right during training camps. I was telling my friend the other day, I think he could move up to HW like Roy did and actually snatch the title away from a Klitschko.
                D*ck head, take that c*ck of your mouth boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  I think this is one of the biggest misconceptions around here.

Genady actually has a great defence once he decides to use it. You can watch a few of his amateur fights. Now as nobody really troubled him with the power he goes into all offence mode.

On top of that, the stats say the percentage with which his opponents connect on him is quite low.
                  I thought he showed terrible defense vs Adama and Stevens. When Stevens decided to punch, he landed. He also showed very poor defense vs Gardner and Ouma.

If I was a Golovkin fan, defense would be the last thing I would hype up. You should just keep hyping up his power.

Comment

So they brought in Groves to emulate the movement of Geale?

Comment

Golovkin actually has a very solid defense.

He slips punches really well when he actually tries to defend. You can only do so much when you go forward as much as he does and fight with his style.

Most GGG haters don't understand that this is NOT GGGs natural/original fighting style. Abel Sanchez turned him into a pressure fighter so that he can make fans in America.

GGG is a fantastic boxer with criminally underrated natural defensive skills. Haters gonna hate

Comment

Working...
                      X