No announcement yet.

South Side Chicago Laundromat Mass Shooting Leaves Multiple People Injured

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Side Chicago Laundromat Mass Shooting Leaves Multiple People Injured

At least six people, including two teenagers, were shot Monday night at a laundromat in Chicago, according to multiple reports.

A seventh person was injured fleeing the scene.

The shootings took place around 8:30 p.m. at the Sudz laundry in the city's South Side. Four victims, including the two teens -- ages 14 and 16 -- are in serious-to-critical condition at area hospitals, the Chicago Tribune reports.

Most of the victims appear to be young adults, and the Chicago Sun-Times says one of the other victims is a 16-year-old boy.

“It’s too dangerous to let my kids play around the neighborhood,” construction worker Matthew Gills, who lives across the street from the laundromat, told the Sun-Times. “That’s all it is is gangs. Gangs, gangs, gangs, gangs, gangs. I don’t even want to be in Chicago because it’s too dangerous. I’m trying to move to Texas.”

Tweets from the scene showed the laundromat surrounded by crime scene tape as police worked inside.

One customer said she was on her way to do her laundry when the shooting began.

“I’m sitting there looking at this lady lying on the ground, crying,” Nashon Williams told CBS. “I was just about to walk through the doors.”

The Tribune reports that at least five people were also wounded in shootings elsewhere in the city on Monday evening. And CBS says there have been 23 people wounded by gunfire and seven killed in shootings since Friday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5435338.html

lots of shootings lately,hopefully this dies down I want to be able to watch movies at the theater or get educaton for my kids in peace while not getting shot up by these crazy ppl

Comment

Originally posted by face untouched View Post
      lots of shootings lately,hopefully this dies down I want to be able to watch movies at the theater or get educaton for my kids in peace while not getting shot up by these crazy ppl
      Not lately, all the time. Look up the number of shootings in Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans, Harlem etc etc. Can't even walk down the street without fear of being caught up in a drive-by.

And who are you trying to fool? Your kids ain't getting any education.

Comment

What gangs? Real gangsters fight toe to toe.

Comment

It always gets way worse in the summer time

Comment

Comment

was this in the ghetto?

why can't this mass shooting happen in the ghetto instead. it would lessen out the piece of shyt of a human beings in there. make sure they pop the addicts, wannabe thugs etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooblet View Post
                was this in the ghetto?

why can't this mass shooting happen in the ghetto instead. it would lessen out the piece of shyt of a human beings in there. make sure they pop the addicts, wannabe thugs etc etc.
                it was in the south side of chicago, so yes.

Comment

When People Listen to whack rappers like Lil Wayne and Chief Keef, They become confused, When they become confused, they do stupid things, When they do stupid things, they start to shoot people, Don't start shooting people, Get Rid Of Cable and Upgrade to direct tv.
                  Last edited by Build That Wall; 06-06-2014, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
                    it was in the south side of chicago, so yes.
                    Have you ever been to Chicago? Plenty of neighborhoods on the SS are good decent hardworking neighborhoods. Like the one I grew up in.

Now far south, or southeast...different story, and that's where this happened.

Comment

Working...
                    X