Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Won’t Floyd Mayweather Pick Up His ‘Easy’ $75 Mil and Fight Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badecisioncotto View Post
    As long as Arums alive, it won't happen.
    Plus Manny 's stock has plummeted!
    He lost his last 2 fights and won't be able to make any demands the like of which he was making b4. As much pride as he has I don't see him being able to handle being the 'B' fighter in the negotiations.

Lastly.....honestly, people just want to c this fight just cause, now.
    Manny's own fans don't believe he'll win and if he loses the arguments still gonna be mayweather ducked him in his prime.

They should've fought awhile back.The fight won't live up to expectations.
    Still a money fight. The Money fight plus the recognition of having to have a Pacquiao fight on Floyd's resume. See the point there. If you are serious about your profession about being a boxer you want Pacquiao on your record.

You hardcore floyd fans don't want none of that? You guys are Floyd mayweather cheerleaders who would roll over anytime Floyd says so lol

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
      The demand isn't there? You sure?

ESPN Poll, 58% Want Floyd Mayweather to fight Pac

In a recent poll conducted by ESPN's Sports Nation, Boxing fans were asked to vote on who they feel should be Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Jr's next foe? With nearly 40,000 votes tabulated thus far (the polling is still ongoing) a whopping 58% (really should come as no surprise) want Mayweather Jr. to face off against none other than the 'Pacman', Manny Pacquiao.

The next highest name on the list is Danny Garcia, and he pulled in 18% of the votes followed by Adrien Broner with 12%.

Amir Khan edged out of the last spot with 7% of the votes just coming in ahead of Miguel Cotto with 5%.

58% of the votes from a calculated 39,782 cast votes is a lot and speaks volumes that even to this day a majority of fans truly believe there is unfinished business between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao.

And let's face it... if Mayweather vs. Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez has become the highest grossing PPV to this date (as the SHOWTIME press release sent out yesterday indicated it had)... I imagine Pacquiao vs. Mayweather can and would surpass #THEONE in terms of PPV sales.

So fans, if you still want Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, keep your voices heard... and at 58%, there is a lot of you.
      Of course a lot still want to see it, but it isn't a record breaking fight anymore. It would depend on how low Pacquiao would be willing to go in purse split. There isn't enough money in the fight for both fighters to earn $30 million each, Pacquiao would have to go down to $20 mill atleast to get the fight.

Comment

Still a money fight. The Money fight plus the recognition of having to have a Pacquiao fight on Floyd's resume. See the point there. If you are serious about your profession about being a boxer you want Pacquiao on your record.

You hardcore floyd fans don't want none of that? You guys are Floyd mayweather cheerleaders who would roll over anytime Floyd says so lol
        Mayweather don't need Pacquiao anymore, Pacquiao needs Mayweather to get back on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
          Of course a lot still want to see it, but it isn't a record breaking fight anymore. It would depend on how low Pacquiao would be willing to go in purse split. There isn't enough money in the fight for both fighters to earn $30 million each, Pacquiao would have to go down to $20 mill atleast to get the fight.
          wanna bet all your points on it? If this happens next year. Canelo vs Mayweather will look minute compared to this.

Deal?

Comment

wanna bet all your points on it? If this happens next year. Canelo vs Mayweather will look minute compared to this.

Deal?
            Sure i'd give you all my points if the fight happens don't need to beat the Canelo PPV.

Comment

Mayweather don't need Pacquiao anymore, Pacquiao needs Mayweather to get back on top.
              Hello? It's "MONEY MAYWEATHER." It's the money fight. Prize fighting? Ring a bell? Biggest pay check to be made? enough said.

Comment

Okay, No.

(1)Floyd/GBP offered to make the fight a year ago, and Bob Arum turned the fight down and said they had to build a stadium off the Las Vegas strip first. I'm going to be in Vegas next month, and will report back and tell you guys how the construction is coming along.

(2)I've been saying this for ages and I'll say it again; Many Pacquiao is not the highest paying opponent for Floyd Mayweather or the other way around! Nor is it in the business or financial interests of Top Rank to make this fight.

With guys like Canelo, Floyd and GBP cut him a check (pennies on the dollar) and keep the rest of the money. In a Pacquiao fight, they earnings would have to be cut in half, and then divided.

So do the math. Even if Pacquiao Mayweather pulls in a figure like 200million from PPV, that **** is split so Floyd/GBP get 100 and Pac/TR get 100 to be further divided. Floyd and GBP just pulled in 150 million and didn't even have to break off 10 million for Canelo. That's way more than what they'd get splitting a purse with Pac. (Yes, I realize i'm not taking into consideration the PPV providers cut, but I'm just giving examples here)

Top Rank has also stated they are not and will not do business with Floyds promotional agent, GBP. GBP is their main rival, and Bob is not interested in putting his cash cow in a fight where Floyd would be a large favorite to win at the sports books. If Pacquiao loses, his stock would again drop, while Golden Boy would get a huge boost.

To Arum, making the fight is a lose-lose situation.
                Last edited by paulf; 09-27-2013, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Sure i'd give you all my points if the fight happens don't need to beat the Canelo PPV.
                  Alright I'll bookmark this. It's a deal.
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 09-27-2013, 03:18 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Spoon23;13786763]Still a money fight. The Money fight plus the recognition of having to have a Pacquiao fight on Floyd's resume. See the point there. If you are serious about your profession about being a boxer you want Pacquiao on your record.

You hardcore floyd fans don't want none of that? You guys are Floyd mayweather cheerleaders who would roll over anytime Floyd says so lol[/
                    QUOTE]

Wtf are you talking about me or just speaking in general?

Anyway it'd be interesting to c the fight but I doubt it would top canelo vs floyds numbers unless he mollywhops rios and another fighter with a decent name.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      Okay, No.

(1)Floyd/GBP offered to make the fight a year ago, and Bob Arum turned the fight down and said they had to build a stadium off the Las Vegas strip first. I'm going to be in Vegas next month, and will report back and tell you guys how the construction is coming along.

(2)I've been saying this for ages and I'll say it again; Many Pacquiao is not the highest paying opponent for Floyd Mayweather or the other way around! Nor is it in the business or financial interests of Top Rank to make this fight.

With guys like Canelo, Floyd and GBP cut him a check (pennies on the dollar) and keep the rest of the money. In a Pacquiao fight, they earnings would have to be cut in half, and then divided.

So do the math. Even if Pacquiao Mayweather pulls in a figure like 200million from PPV, that **** is split so Floyd/GBP get 100 and Pac/TR get 100 to be further divided. Floyd, when fighting Canelo, just pulled in 150 million and didn't even have to break off 10 million for his opponent. (Yes, I realize i'm not taking into consideration the PPV providers cut, but I'm just giving examples here)

Top Rank has also stated they are not and will not do business with Floyds promotional agent, GBP. GBP is their main rival, and Bob is not interested in putting his cash cow in a fight where Floyd would be a large favorite to win at the sports books. If Pacquiao loses, his stock would again drop, while Golden Boy would get a huge boost.

To Arum, making the fight is a lose-lose situation.
                      Given what you said, You mean to say outside a Pacquiao fight. There is other fights Floyd can take that would even be bigger than a Pacquiao fight? Come on.. -enough said..
                      Last edited by Spoon23; 09-27-2013, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X