Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale Praying Carl Froch Faces Him in The Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James isn't popular, but to his credit he's not daft and this looks like an early, clever and pre-emptive PR bid to be the next man on Carl's dance card.

The fight would sell like Ice Cold Lager in the Sahara and would be a perfect financial show-closer for Carl and make James far more money than knocking-over blokes at the Bluewater shopping mall.

If Carl beats Kessler, I think he'll be sorely tempted to sign-off and cash-in with a big fight against either James or George G.

James must well be in the box seat for this fight because sometimes unpopularity sells. People used to turn out in their thousands to see Eubank get chinned and James seems to understand that being the villain can pay.

Comment

****, im bang on watching him on c5, thats the good thing, most people boxing/casual will tune in to him, thats an excellent thing for the sport. But that ****ing defense/ropes shat! Plus 'maybe' fitness worries. Worth keeping an eye on fo' sho' tho.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
        Just because a guy sits on the ropes against a certain type of opponent doesn't necessarily mean that he's going to do the same exact thing in all of his future fights.The guy's that he's been doing that against are boxers who's power he obviously doesn't respect, and he's not been doing bad by sitting and countering off the ropes, either.Think he works better at the centre of the ring and at range, but, hey, it's always nice to have some extra dimensions to your game.

He's still a better talent than Groves from what I've seen.

Completely see where you're coming from, yes. But still if some of them shots he's taken where of 'big' hitters at the weight, some would have freakin' zonked him.
        Completely yes his game plan and application/adaptation of his strengths would differ via each individual opponents abilities and skills, but even if you're not respecting your opponents power, he spends too much time on them ropes, damn, Ward/Froch/Pavlik/Mickey Mouse may never hurt him but if he leans back on the edge like that whoever it is, its landed shots and points, its not a good thing to do for him, its more the 'principle he does it' bad practice in a profession.

If you (mainly last 3-4 fights) watch his stature and face at times when he ropes it, you can tell he's really struggling to knick a breather, that where his defense gets sloppy. And i feel it stems from fitness/pure fighting instinct. I might sound mad, but i could be, just typing ****.....
        It's just the 'feel' i get watching him. DeGale- Groves 2 will be a sick fight, better than the first, they both have slightly improved since then imo. Whoever has more improving to do between now and then (depending on natural ability) will win. I can't wait, it will happen, unless one of them falls off a cliff career wise, strange things happen in our sport.
        Last edited by RightJab; 02-19-2013, 04:09 PM.

Comment

hmm , strange....
          i thought carl only faced credible opponents.
          whata complete **** this galye character really is.
          georgey groves dont shout about fighting these geezers when their tail ending their careers and wait till their weak.
          this is another junior witter in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
            James isn't popular, but to his credit he's not daft and this looks like an early, clever and pre-emptive PR bid to be the next man on Carl's dance card.

The fight would sell like Ice Cold Lager in the Sahara and would be a perfect financial show-closer for Carl and make James far more money than knocking-over blokes at the Bluewater shopping mall.

If Carl beats Kessler, I think he'll be sorely tempted to sign-off and cash-in with a big fight against either James or George G.

James must well be in the box seat for this fight because sometimes unpopularity sells. People used to turn out in their thousands to see Eubank get chinned and James seems to understand that being the villain can pay.
            Froch has already said that the Bute rematch will be next then chase a Ward RM.

I don't think he considers DeGale as on his radar, although I think Degale will give Carl many many problems.

Comment

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
              hmm , strange....
              i thought carl only faced credible opponents.
              whata complete **** this galye character really is.
              georgey groves dont shout about fighting these geezers when their tail ending their careers and wait till their weak.
              this is another junior witter in the making.
              'Georgey Groves' is promoted by Frank Warren, its a doubt whether he will ever face credible opponent under 35

Comment

Even being under Warren Groves has made good progression, I honestly wouldn't question it at this point. Hennessy is doing a good job with DeGale too and I wish Warren would lose more of his fighters to rival promoters so they could get on track.

Froch fighting the likes of Groves/DeGale won't happen until they're on the up and he's on his way down. It'll make for a great contest and will be a fitting send off for Froch.

DeGale does need to seek training elsewhere though, obviously has the talent but lacks proper technique in both defensive and offensive areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Man so much hate for Degale, hes a prospect who wants to eventually fight the top guys in the division... kind of like every prospect ever.

He's working his way up the right way even if he is having some tougher than expected fights.
                  Yeah but there's no reason for DeGale to be so damn ****y. He's annoying as all hell. I think many people wont get over how he treated a class act George Groves. He deservedly lost and had to eat a few pieces of humblepie. On another note, he would still lose to GG and Froch would most certainly KO him.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                    Yeah but there's no reason for DeGale to be so damn ****y. He's annoying as all hell. I think many people wont get over how he treated a class act George Groves. He deservedly lost and had to eat a few pieces of humblepie. On another note, he would still lose to GG and Froch would most certainly KO him.
                    Hes ****y becuase hes a rich famous boxer, I dont see anyone criticizing David Price for saying he wants to fight Wlad? He isnt saying he would beat Ward/Froch just that he eventually wants to fight them.

I realise the builf up to the Groves fight made a lot of people hate him but as boxing fans i feel we should judge them in the ring first then judge them outside the ring (if at all). And inside the ring hes doing things the right way, even if he is lacking in areas of his game.

Comment

Degale would get whooped. But I admire his willingness, nothing worng with wanting a big fight

Comment

Working...
                      X