Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz Parts Ways With Trainer Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know Brandon Rios and Robert Garcia will laugh when they hear this..

And I agree with above, he should go to Cotto's trainer, something Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
      I like the dude that trained Miguel Cotto. Forgot his name. Nachos would be good as well.
      Pedro Diaz? Yeah that guy came out of nowhere and he seems like he knows the sport very well, I really like that guy. Nacho would be good for anybody, but doesn't he only train out of Mexico City?

Wonder what Robert Garcia makes of all this? Vic is kind of the reason they're beefing, so the split might fix their relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        IMO Garcia should've took the fall for Ortiz if he knew his fighter couldn't continue or didn't want to..... However you want to word that......
        He should. He should have step into the interview and told everyone that Ortiz broke it earlier.

Comment

Ahmmm....His jaw was broken. So not just psychological. jaw is physical.
          Yeah I understand but Ortiz was definitely intimated by the smaller Lopez. He ran at times and was moving away for no apparent reason. He's a mental midget, a new trainer would probably make a few minor differences, but I'd still expect the same Victor Ortiz.

Comment

He should. He should have step into the interview and told everyone that Ortiz broke it earlier.
            And been the one to stop the fight..... Could've played it as Ortiz is a warrior he wanted to continue but I couldn't let my fighter keep fighting like that or some spiel instead of Ortiz being the one who had to stop it.... Probably would've still been the head man in the corner

Comment

And been the one to stop the fight..... Could've played it as Ortiz is a warrior he wanted to continue but I couldn't let my fighter keep fighting like that or some spiel instead of Ortiz being the one who had to stop it.... Probably would've still been the head man in the corner
              That's kinda sad thinking about it, had Ortiz' trainer stopped the fight instead of Ortiz he'd be labeled as a bad ass warrior who wanted to fight on with a broken jaw.

Comment

Yea i understand what you mean, He could have played it up like he stopped the fight against his fighter's wishes, I think this decision is for the best, fighters/trainers comes and goes in boxing, I didnt even realise he (Ortiz) broke his jaw in the 4th round, Kudos to him then!

Comment

Go learn Power Boxing from Jack Mosley, Victor.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Pedro Diaz? Yeah that guy came out of nowhere and he seems like he knows the sport very well, I really like that guy. Nacho would be good for anybody, but doesn't he only train out of Mexico City?

Wonder what Robert Garcia makes of all this? Vic is kind of the reason they're beefing, so the split might fix their relationship.
                    Victor going to Mexico city might "toughen" him up. LOL

The Garcias might make amends after this. Who knows.

Comment

if victor does link with roach then there goes a future Khan vs Ortiz fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X