No announcement yet.

do you rate ggg over danny garcia, francisco estrada, and chocolitito p4p

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    I kind of agree, though both have achieved beyond Euro title level. They're nowhere in p4p terms, but still legit top tenners and the best guys willing to step in with GGG at the time.

If you're all on resume when ranking p4p, thats not enough for top 10. That's also a legit position, but like another poster says, if the only guy that will be favored near his weight is p4p #2 one division up, that's meaningful in a p4p sense. I mean, if a p4p rated, super experienced, steel chinned guy like Froch one division up thinks you're too much of a risk ("horrible, dangerous fight" per his promoter), you know you're dealing with p4p ability.
    Wow...you really are riding that Froch stuff hard, aren't you?

When you need to use selective quoting instead of actual wins and performances in the ring, you know you're not dealing with p4p material.

Comment

Pacquiao has beaten better fighters than Floyd has, so Pacquiao should be above Floyd in p4p ratings. Come to think of it, Rigondeaux and Martinez' best wins are better too, so they should be above Floyd.

Comment

in potential yes but it's hard to conclusively rate him up there when he doesn't have that BIG win.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
          I think Danny Garcia should probably be ranked a little higher than GGG. As should Gonzalez.
          Only way either of those guys are world class is they are in the mw division. It's such a crap division, they do count for something because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            You should put him above those two since Walters has only one good, not great win. And Crawford has 2 nice wins, but nothing special either. GGG has beaten more of that caliber of fighter.
            are you serious?

if walters has one good win and Crawford wins nothing special then how could you even argue for GGG they dont deserve to be in P4P either but if we put GGG at #10 then they absolutely have a legitimate claim at #9 and #8

Comment

Yes I do

Not a knock against the other guys but p4p I think ggg would pummel them

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                are you serious?

if walters has one good win and Crawford wins nothing special then how could you even argue for GGG they dont deserve to be in P4P either but if we put GGG at #10 then they absolutely have a legitimate claim at #9 and #8
                I think GGG is borderline, but basically Ricky Burns = Geale, Gamboa has done nothing above 126, and Donaire is both washed up and hit the ceiling in weight jumping. Beyond this the other guys have nothing near a top 10 win. GGG has 5 win vs Ring top tenners, a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                X