No announcement yet.

People hated ortiz with a broken jaw.. a broken nose? Come on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    when did you win your world title, champ?

i mean if you are calling world champions *****es you must have been one yourself. because what kind of phaggot would sit behind a computer screen and call world championship level fighters *****es without at least having walked in their shoes?

nobody would be that big a punk to run their mouth like that without having proved their own toughness. so which belt did you hold, killer?
    You... you're the same phaggot that sits behind the computer calling people idiots and morons...you fu9kin coward. You were just doing the same thing on another thread dummy! :WORD: pot calling the kettle black!

Comment

Lmao at u. Idiots saying that Ortiz jaw was broken by a punch and saying Garcia nose was broken by a illegal head but. The point is Mikey could have gone on where Ortiz couldn't. But 97% of this board were calling Ortiz a bit ch. ha

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        Lmao at u. Idiots saying that Ortiz jaw was broken by a punch and saying Garcia nose was broken by a illegal head but. The point is Mikey could have gone on where Ortiz couldn't. But 97% of this board were calling Ortiz a bit ch. ha
        I guess if Salido had punched Garcia in the face and broke his nose, Garcia wouldn't have quit?

Garcia took the easy way out.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
          I guess if Salido had punched Garcia in the face and broke his nose, Garcia wouldn't have quit?

Garcia took the easy way out.
          No my point is that most posters here sh itted on Ortiz calling him a quiter because he got his jaw shattered yet those same posters are giving props to Garcia and defending him when he took the easy way out

Comment

No my point is that most posters here sh itted on Ortiz calling him a quiter because he got his jaw shattered yet those same posters are giving props to Garcia and defending him when he took the easy way out
            He's being defended because of the circumstances. Ortiz was injured due to a punch (and his own mouth being open), while Garcia was injured due to a clash of heads. Million dollar question is, if Garcia had not been dominating the fight, would he have continued to fight on? Every fighter has their breaking point, but we've seen guys come outta the ring looking like absolute SHIT. Garcia was in the driver's seat and felt no desire to push the issue when the fight was stopped, his team just went along with it. I understand those who defend his actions and I understand those who find what he did to be reprehensible.

Comment

When AA decided to continue vs Miranda, he said something like this:

I quit and go home with a broken jaw and no belt. I'd rather keep the belt at least.

That's another difference between these 2: Ortiz goes home a loser, to a tuneup no less.

Comment

You can't hate on Ortiz, then give Garcia a pass. For the record, I was never critical of Ortiz and Garcia was going to win that fight handily. Garcia would have fought on if the doc said he should have.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  You can't hate on Ortiz, then give Garcia a pass. For the record, I was never critical of Ortiz and Garcia was going to win that fight handily. Garcia would have fought on if the doc said he should have.
                  It's not true:

1. Ortiz conceded the fight, Garcia did no such thing.
                  2. Ortiz injured by punch, Mikey by butt

Comment

Good point DE.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Ortiz was winning, got his jaw busted by a legal punch, and quit in a fight that would have led to a big payday.

Garcia was winning handily, got his nose busted by a headbutt, and can't be blamed for not letting Salido take advantage of the circumstances created by a foul.

I don't like Garcia not continuing, but its much more understandable than Ortiz.
                      How would that fight have led to a big payday? Your saying after getting his jaw busted he still would have fought Canelo last September?

Comment

Working...
                      X