No announcement yet.

Gary Shaw and Thompson Promotions File Lawsuit Against Timothy Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    He had one more fight with Shaw I think, the Khan fight. Khan offered Bradley good money but for some reason Bradley didn't want it.
    dont they have a date at which their promotional agreement ends and not a set number of fights?

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      i dont like bradley in the slightest, but if his contract has expired then he doesnt owe shaw fcuk all. i thought this was the whole point in him not fighting khan?
      It was the whole point in not fighting Khan, that's why Shaw is so pissed off. He knew Bradley was going to leave, and now he's trying to get that one last fight out of him.

Comment

dont they have a date at which their promotional agreement ends and not a set number of fights?
        I'm not sure, but I think sure is bringing the suit because the Khan fight was agreed.

Why would Bradley not fight Khan, get a big pay day then move up because the agreement would be up.

The only reason is that he though he might lose to Khan, or he was promised a bigger fight next and a lost to Khan would scupper that.

Either way Bradley now looks a fool.

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think sure is bringing the suit because the Khan fight was agreed.

Why would Bradley not fight Khan, get a big pay day then move up because the agreement would be up.

The only reason is that he though he might lose to Khan, or he was promised a bigger fight next and a lost to Khan would scupper that.

Either way Bradley now looks a fool.
          Because the Khan fight would have been after Bradley's contract expired, and the same way he had to sign an extension for the Alexander fight he would have likely had to do the same for the Khan fight. Maybe it was a bad move, but he didn't want to do that, he wanted to get the hell away from Shaw.

Comment

They do but I believe the fighter can' refuse a fight during the period he is under contract.

Comment

No sweat, Bradley should just fight another fight to finish out his contract. Then sign somewhere else and fight Khan. I see what Bradley is trying to do though he probably thinks he will get better money for the Khan fight with someone else.

Comment

He had one more fight with Shaw I think, the Khan fight. Khan offered Bradley good money but for some reason Bradley didn't want it.
                Bradley had an extension with Shaw from the Alexander fight,he has a contract with HBO for another fight..His contract with Shaw is up he does not owe Shaw D!ck...

Comment

Im not too sure about this scenario. Something seems fishy.

If their contract with Tim was as straight forward as many assume, they would have no ground or just cause to file any kind of a lawsuit. Thete must be something in that contract which has made them take this step. We can only assume and take a bias step towards whom ever we believe to be telling the truth but the facts of the contract is not known to any of us.

This is something fishy!

Comment

I don't think its that fishey,Bradley is in contract to fight another fight with HBO..He was in contract with Shaw till June 30th,Shaw did not get a fight for Bradley by that time period..He had a fight for him on July 23rd meaning Bradley would have to sign a extension again(same thing happen in the alexander fight)which Bradley did not want to do..This is nothing more then a bitter Promoter trying to hold up a fighters(who wants to leave him)career..This won't take long to be done with tbh,Shaw has no evidence of tampering...His contract is up he has no wins,Shaw is butt hurt is all...

Comment

Working...
                    X