Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rapper Lord Jamar is mad at Macklemore says white people have no place in hiphop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
    I don't listen to a lot of new rap, but I used to listen to rap all the time when I was a little younger.

Ever heard of Young Black Teenagers, or Onyx, or Eric B. and Rakim? Yeah, I was probably listening to hip hop when you were still ****ting in diapers.

Macklemore isn't successful because he is white. He is successful because he makes very catchy, poppy rap songs that mass audiences love, like Kanye or Pharrel or Eminem - like Thrift Shop. The only reason you would probably say he doesn't deserve to win is BECAUSE he is white.
    Not fair to compare Kanye to Macklemore. If Macklemore ever makes an album half as good as MBDTF I'll eat my hat

Comment

I laughed when he acts like Macklemore makes proper hard rappers look soft and gives them a bad rep..

These dudes are faker then some WWE characters

Comment

It's sad to see Jamar so bitter and angry and it's obvious it comes from his own lack of success in the genre. Well, let me rephrase that, he had success in Hip Hop just not at the financial level that I'm sure he thinks he's due.

The truth is, he represents an old guard of what hip hop used to be. A racist, ****phobic fraternity that was "For Us By Us" (FUBU). Like the black man is the originator in hip hop and everything else is just an imitation.

There's two fallacies to that. First off, Latinos played as big a part in the origin of hip hop in the South Bronx as blacks did, and second, it would be like me saying that Jimmy Hendrix isn't really rock and roll because he's imitating a white genre of music.

The reality is that Jamar is from a different generation, my generation to be exact. I grew up with Brand Nubians, NWA, KRS-1, Eazy E, and other "old school" hip hop acts when it wasn't ok to be gay, or even sympathies with gays, and it was cool to be a racist.

Instead of hating on Justin Timberlake, or Mackelmore, he should take it as the highest level of flattery. Since we all know, the highest level of flattery is imitation. Timberlake is doing nothing different than what Chris Brown is doing, he's just doing it better and that bothers Jamar.

He sees what could only be done by blacks, now being done by everyone and the old saying of "we are all created equal" is coming to fruition. We see white kids that can rap, black kids that can rock, white girls who have swagger and so on....

In the end, who gives a fuk. We are all the same, and you should do what you want, and be whatever you are into. The new generation doesn't acknowledge Action Bronson as Ghost Face, because they don't know Ghost face. The same reason Jamar's generation didn't acknowledge James Brown and thought Michael Jackson and Prince came up with those beats and style. Before there was James Brown, there was Jackie Wilson, Little Richard and Chuck Berry.

It's all a cycle that continues on. Sure it would be nice for the younger generation to acknowledge the older one, and history is important. I just don't think you need to take credit away from the younger generation's artists if they are doing it right. I love Timberlake, I think he's dope and has all the soul of anyone I have heard in today's music. The fact that he's white makes no difference to me.

Lord Jamar doesn't own the patent on hip hop, nor does he have a monopoly on it. He just thinks his skin color entitles him to that and that's the definition of racist and ignorant.
        Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 01-28-2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I would mention Eminem, but I doubt many rappers think of Eminem as white. He's the angry albino black guy.

Comment

By his logic then, blacks don't belong in Basketball, skateboarding, BMX'ing, American Football etc etc, as these were all started by whites. If we really wanna discuss what belongs to who...

Comment

Who cares! Hip-hop and rap is trash music for trashy people

Comment

The Drifters > The entire rap/hip-hop industry.

Comment

He's right. Macklemore is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                    No.

Hiphop is a musical form of expression: open to any and everyone.

He can take his racist **** and **** off. Never even heard of him.
                    I think you mean rap is a musical form of expression. Hiphop is a culture which anyone from any race participates in.

But I don't believe Hiphop will be lost on future generations unless someone decides to eradicate all knowledge of Hiphop and claim some new form of Hiphop as their own.

That said, Eminem is the greatest white rapper of all time. That's undeniable.

Comment

That's Supreme Allah from Oz....he's just like his character in real life minus the dreads lol

Comment

Working...
                      X