No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Alvarez/Garcia-Matthysse: Post Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Alvarez/Garcia-Matthysse: Post Report Card

Both big winners on Saturday entered with belts around their waist. They left etching new places for their names in history.

With the lineage of the crowns at 140 and 154 lbs. up for grabs, Danny Garcia and Floyd Mayweather made clear who the champions of their respective classes are. Are they now headed towards each other?

Let’s go the report cards. [Click Here To Read More]

Garcia def convinced me more..I was rooting for Matthyse and although Matthysse was getting the better of Garcia until the swollen eye, Garcia adjusted like a true Champion. That eye didn't close by luck it was by left hooks.True meaning of the best fighting the best. WAR GARCIA! WAR MATTHYSE!

Comment

Originally posted by Babalu11 View Post
      Garcia def convinced me more..I was rooting for Matthyse and although Matthysse was getting the better of Garcia until the swollen eye, Garcia adjusted like a true Champion. That eye didn't close by luck it was by left hooks.True meaning of the best fighting the best. WAR GARCIA! WAR MATTHYSE!
      Hell yeah. Sweet fight.

Comment

any thoughts of Alvarez, even a year from now, going 2 MW, would b sheer disaster for him w/limited skills....strength & tuffness is his forte, he'd lose a lot @'60...

Comment

What a disappointing night for Canelo.
          He had a terrible game plan.

If and I say IF, Mayweather will ever be beaten it won't be from a guy trying to outbox him. (I don't know why at times Canelo was trying to box with him) To try to beat Mayweather you have to make the fight dirty. Drag him into a brawl. You have to make every punch count, and you have to be conditioned to throw hundreds of punches per round because Floyd will probably block 90% of them. With Floyd you have to not concentrate on actually winning rounds, you have to concentrate on getting him hurt, and going for a KD.

Yes I know it is easier said done, but Canelo and his team should have trained him for that kind of game plan than the one he had on Saturday. Trying to box, ineffectively cutting off the ring, not throwing punches when Floyd was on the ropes was painful to watch.
          Last edited by JJRod; 09-17-2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X