No announcement yet.

HBO have been a disgrace tonight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    "!!!!!the crowd is now cheering for Berto!!!!!" WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was more like GUERRERO!!!!!!GUERRERO!!!!LOL
    I lol'd when that happened you could barely hear chants for Berto (probably his family) and they quickly acknowledged it saying the crowd was turning for Berto.

Then a minute later the "GUERRERO!" chants completely overwhelmed them and they acted like nothing had happened

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
      But seriously can you justify them trying to give a round to Berto upon 30seconds he landed good shots to 2 and a half minutes Guerrero was tagging him constantly?

Can't remember what round that was exactly think it was round 8.
      I'm not putting a lot of stock in what they're saying. I'm trying to make my own assessment of what I see in front of me. Round 8 I wasn't sure about, so I had it even but leaning more toward Robert. I gave the next three to Berto, though. He landed the cleaner, harder punches and kept snapping Robert's head back with uppercuts. I also gave Berto a round or two in the middle. Robert finished strong and was the clear winner. In the end, I saw the fight 8-4 or 7-5, with the two kd's making it wider in favor of Robert. I will watch it again later and see if I feel different about it.

Comment

I found it funny that Roy kept repeating that Berto is in excellent condition when he was already gassed by the second round and was getting manhandled by a career featherweight.

Comment

They were clearly supporting Berto. HBO have good commentary and knowledge IMO (compared to UK commentary) but they always seem to favour one fighter instead of being neutral.

Comment

The big problem with Lampley is that he doesn't stick to doing what he's there to do, i.e. describe the action.

He's supposed to be a blow by blow commentator, but instead we get him analysing and interpreting the fight for the most part, something which he's not all that good at.

Blow by blow, or play by play, commentators are there to describe what's happening. Not what they think is happening, not their opinion on what might happen, but what's actually happening from one moment to the next.

This is what Lampley should be delivering in his current role:

Not his compubox obsessed interpretations that always seem to favour the house fighter.

Comment

this is what SOME of us was trying to explain to the ppl of HATEVILLE some time ago....but those ppl turned it into some other issue and disregarded the FACTS....now when the table gets turned around and those mic buffers start loving the fighters you hate on and hating on the fighters you love, NOW its a problem?!?....welcome to 2007...dudes running late

Comment

Berto is their product, they had to market him until the end.........WAR GUERRERO....TOLD YOU!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                  this is what SOME of us was trying to explain to the ppl of HATEVILLE some time ago....but those ppl turned it into some other issue and disregarded the FACTS....now when the table gets turned around and those mic buffers start loving the fighters you hate on and hating on the fighters you love, NOW its a problem?!?....welcome to 2007...dudes running late

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                    Their disgusting nuthuggery of Berto took me out of the fight.

At least Ortiz got his props when he exposed Berto.

I mean, that was horrible.

Does Haymon really have that much power at HBO?
                    Sometimes those announcers act like a bunch of cheerleaders

Comment

they wasnt to bad but that f-ckin ref was horrible. Matlock must if had money on this fight. Ghost was whoop in berto jazz but he was doing a lot of holding and head butting ( both was holding tho)

Comment

Working...
                      X