No announcement yet.

Is Vitali Klitschko an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
    Why? Because I directly insult and disrespect? Instead of indirectly like Freedom's pathetic virgin ass?

Vitali would have been blinded. I can't believe we are turning his ATG discussion into a tko6 thread... His eye was badly injured, I have no idea why Freedom didn't get that.
    Also 4-2 is a 1 round swing. Not to mention that first round could have gone either way. So technically it was 3-3...
    First you need to understand that's your opinion and you have every right to express it. But that doesn't mean your are right and you can discuss it in normal manner..

Go watch that fight again, listen Lennox's interview for UK television on that fight, go listen to emanuel steward opinion on fight, mike tyson opinion, Larry opinion, foreman opinion. Then come back and you might be less delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
      Felix can you ever not get banned from a boxing site Chill a bit man.
      I'm currently posting normal under the 'classics' section. I decided to trick McGrain for a while before the next explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
        I think Ike Ibeabuchi would be a tough matchup for anyone in any era, doesn't make him an ATG.
        Vitali is more accomplished than Ike though.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          You forgot DRUG CHEAT as an amateur ...
          So stuff done before their career has an impact on their legacy?

What about after the career is over? Should we take that into account as well?

Comment

I'm currently posting normal under the 'classics' section. I decided to trick McGrain for a while before the next explosion.
            Good call man. ESB crashed for a bit it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by mokmokv2 View Post
              Vitali is more accomplished than Ike though.
              That's quite debatable. He's won a paper title a couple times but Ibeabuchi holds wins over Byrd and a prime Tua.

Comment

I like your posting. I really do. I say 99% of your posts are intelligent and well thought out.

But I MUST point out and let's be civil here. Did Vitali quit against Chris Byrd? Yes or no? If the answer is YES. That means he quit once in his career right?
                I mean this is just facts.

So if he quit once, the instincts is in him to quit again?
                Yes he quit once. Yes it means he quit once in his career. Yes that's the fact.

No, if you quit once doesn't mean you will quit again. In Vitali's case I believe it means he was smart enough not to endangers his career and all great stuff he did after that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  First you need to understand that's your opinion and you have every right to express it. But that doesn't mean your are right and you can discuss it in normal manner..

Go watch that fight again, listen Lennox's interview for UK television on that fight, go listen to emanuel steward opinion on fight, mike tyson opinion, Larry opinion, foreman opinion. Then come back and you might be less delusional.
                  Once again, I respect your opinions. I only talked like that to the 'freedom' poster because other posters on this site was showing the posts he made and every single complain of his was 'blah blah blah, you are racist etc'.

As for delusional.
                  Fine. let's talk about it in a civil manner. Be honest here.
                  Won't you say it was at WORST at WORST 50-50 for Lewis if the fight had continued?

I am not trying to disrespect Vitaly here, but wake up man he was going blind in one eye. If a Prime Lewis fought even a Samuel Peter with one eye, Lewis would have been in serious trouble.

Vitali's eye was pretty much gone by the 6th. So let's say he fights the 7th, he will have to go all out against Lewis because if he don't KO Lennox in the 7th, he will be pretty much one eye fighter.

I can't believe Vitali fans are debating weather or not he can 'survive' longer.

Direct Quote from Emmanuel Steward
                  ESB Interview

"I say this in front of WLADIMIR' 'Lennox would have won that fight if there was no stoppage"

Comment

Once again, I respect your opinions. I only talked like that to the 'freedom' poster because other posters on this site was showing the posts he made and every single complain of his was 'blah blah blah, you are racist etc'.

As for delusional.
                    Fine. let's talk about it in a civil manner. Be honest here.
                    Won't you say it was at WORST at WORST 50-50 for Lewis if the fight had continued?

I am not trying to disrespect Vitaly here, but wake up man he was going blind in one eye. If a Prime Lewis fought even a Samuel Peter with one eye, Lewis would have been in serious trouble.

Vitali's eye was pretty much gone by the 6th. So let's say he fights the 7th, he will have to go all out against Lewis because if he don't KO Lennox in the 7th, he will be pretty much one eye fighter.

I can't believe Vitali fans are debating weather or not he can 'survive' longer.

Direct Quote from Emmanuel Steward
                    ESB Interview

"I say this in front of WLADIMIR' 'Lennox would have won that fight if there was no stoppage"
                    Kudos for normal response!

I am absolutely not arguing if fight should have been stopped or would vitali be able to continue to fight normally for the rest of the fight. The answer for both is : big fat YES - fight is rightfully stopped and NO - Vitali would be seriously handicapped fighting in that condition.

Regarding the Emanuel comments - Manny said Vitali was winning the fight prior he turned it ugly (in brawling from the inside). I love Lennox and I love Vitali. I have a very high opinion on both. Lennox wasn't in his prime but Vitali wasn't either - he fought that fight with little experience on that level - I am sure that Vitali from Gomez or Arreola fight would fight much much better - actually I really think that version of Vitali (which I think is his prime) would beat that version of Lennox.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      H2H, both Klitschko's are Top 10. But I didn't realize H2H was what we based ATG on.

If that's the case, Joe Louis isn't an ATG and Floyd Mayweather is without question in the Top 10. Of course that's not true, as Joe Louis is in the Top 5/10 all-time and Floyd is around the Top 30 or so, not close to the Top 10.
                      What? Joe Louis is still an atg even if it was h2h. There's not a heavyweight in history that Louis wouldn't have at least a chance of beating.

And in response to this thread Vitali is not an ATG. He is not in the top 20 heavyweights of all time. He is the 2nd best boxer in his family though.

Comment

Working...
                      X