Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ChinChecker. Worst Chins in boxing. (ATM).DO you guys agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm. If anything Kirkland's got an aluminum chin. Like someone said earlier, I think it's more a defense thing.

Comment

Originally posted by puk_my_dang_34 View Post
      hmm. If anything kirkland's got an aluminum chin. Like someone said earlier, i think it's more a defense thing.

2 more points made about kirkland and he's off the list.

Comment

Bruce Seldon and Danny Williams have terrible chins.

Comment

Good ish, TS.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChinChecker View Post
            2 more points made about kirkland and he's off the list.
            well in my opinion Ishida was the was the first conceivable threat and only Kirkland's 3rd fight since coming off of a 2 year layoff and something like 18 months in prison. So he wouldnt have been able to train very well on his layoff. Not to mention he was working with a new trainer that he was unhappy with. I think his lack of defense, the ring rust, and the new training regimen are the reason he was KO'd by Ishida, not an especially glassy chin.

Comment

Haha. Did you like not READ anything I wrote regarding Wladimir? I said he is the ONLY ATG on the list and it is HIGHLY debatable weather he should be on the list in the first place.

But to deny that he have anything other then a weak chin is quite frankly? Offensive to me. Wlad got away with his weak chin because of
              1-His immense physical size
              2-His amazing octo-Wlad defense in which Manny Steward has taught him.
              3- The lack of true one punch killers in the current HW Era.

Just because you haven't been 'stopped' in 8 years due to the above 3 factors does not = chin turning into granite.

Wladimir is an ATG, but he got a disgraceful chin, deny it all you will but it is undeniable. You are only lying to yourself because you can not accept that one of your favorite fighters got a weak chin.

As for Allen Green? I'm not even gonna argue with you on that. If you think Green got a 'good chin' . lol. Ok.
              Roy Jones is not an ATG?

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
                I don't think it's his chin Easy. I think it's his non-existent defense. He's so focused on attacking he easily gets hit with counter shots, and he gets very careless in there at times. Like he did with Ishida, he got caught when he was over confident and didn't see the punch. That doesn't mean he has a bad chin though, I've seen(and I'm assuming you too) Kirkland take monstrous shots and didn't go down.

He doesn't have a god like Margarito chin, but he's definitely not one of the worst imo.
                You could say the same about khan though the 2 times he was knocked out those shots would of dropped most boxers . the reason most people get a lot of early ko wins early in there career is because the opponent doesn't have the defence to deal with the shots it's not because they all have bad chins , khan and Kirkland have c level defence so remain vunrable like journeymen . Not saying they got good chins but there getting tagged flush more than other fighters

Comment

Up to Date breaking news

There is STRONG DEBATE regarding if James Kirkland should be on this
                  p4p List, I am thinking of taking him off. I admit I MIGHT HAVE made a misjudgement with Kirkland, but we will see. It's pending.

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE RANKINGS.
                  Please tell me who should be higher, lower, off the list,
                  on the list. Thank you all so much.

I also realize a number of these fighters are loved by many and I like to APOLOGIZE for indirectly insulting them because of their chins.

They are all good to Great fighters with one ATG (Wladimir). I 100% respect them and their fans. I love them all. That being said, I can not allow my personal feelings and my gentle nature to conflict with my line of work.

I got into boxing only a few weeks ago, since then I have watched over 600+ fights.

Other then loving Anthony Joshua, my 2nd love when it comes to boxing is chins. I love checking chins and seeing who got a 'weak chin', I have discovered a list of the worst possible chins in boxing atm. Here is current

p4p Worst Chins in boxing, active fighters.

1- Amir 'King' Khan
                  This guy got no chin. None. I watched 8 of his fights and this guy got the worst chin in boxing. It is surreal to me how he managed to make millions and be one of the most famous boxers in the world with such a chin. He was rocked by a variety of punchers, semi punchers and journeymen. He also was doing the Bambi Leg dance in 2 different fights, Prescott and Garcia. That being said, I really really like Amir and think he still got a good-very good future depending on his trainer. But his chin is disgustingly weak.

2- Roy Jones Jr
                  I only recently started watching boxing, so I don't know Roy Jones's past histories that well. It don't matter, since this is CURRENT P4P Glass Jaw rankings. Roy got by far the 2nd worst chin in boxing atm. He was rocked and dropped by a Polish Taxi Driver who had a grand total of 4 knockouts in like 30 fights. The Pole had the weakest fists in the 175+ Divisions and still managed to drop Roy. His chin is gone. I fear for his health also, the accumulation of knock outs by the likes of Tarver, Johnson, Green, etc are too much. I heard he's fighting a legit young Prime CW next, expect Kayote to knock out Roy Jones Jr. Most likely Cold. That being said, everyone seem to love Roy and I will watch some of his 90's fights to figure out what exactly went wrong.

2- Jermaine Taylor
                  Tied with Roy Jones Jr. I really like his style but for now he is in a dog fight with Roy for that p4p 2 spot. I expect him to actaully TAKE OVER the #1 spot from Amir within his next 3-4 fights.

3-Enzo Maccarinelli
                  The only reason he's not #1 is because he have stop fighting big punchers because he realize he is harboring one of the worst jaws in boxing. I don't wanna talk to much about this guy, it's depressing.

4- Allen Green.
                  This guy needs to retire, he's a long way from p4p top 2 spot on this list, but I see him surpassing Enzo with the lack of fights Enzo will soon be taking.

5-Lucian Bute
                  This guy was actually KNOCKED OUT years ago and his jaw was exposed, but when I watched that fight, refs saved him. Carl Froch made it so refs can't even help him up. Lucian is fighting another puncher next, expect him to get wobbled but not dropped because that puncher is a borderline journeyman. That being said, Lucian can drop out of the p4p rankings if he UD Froch without getting dropped or hurt in the rematch.

6-James Kirkland
                  It's debatable if this guy should be 5 or 6 or even 3. I feel Kirkland's chin is actaully EVEN WORST then people thought, I can't wait for him to fight a huge puncher so everyone can realize he is truely p4p top 2 contenter. But for now, he's gonna have to sit at 6.

7-Audrey Harrison.
                  Only reason he's so low is because of his lack of fights, wait for him to content for p4p 1-3 after he fights Price.

8- Zab Judah.
                  Zab's chin have actaully improved, hence his drop in rankings. I wish I was watching boxing live at the time his chin was truely top p4p stuff, but it has gotten a little stronger.

9-Wladimir Klitsechko
                  The lone ATG on the list, it is a testimoney to his amazing trainer and his ability to adapt that he have managed to become an ATG HW with the worst chin out of any ATG Hw's in the history of boxing.

Wladimir got no chin, none. There was a stretch of time when he was the lone undisputed p4p #1 in glass.
                  Purrity, Sanders, Brewster and Peters dropped a combined 14 times. That is shocking. Wladimir did display the courage and ability to stand up again and again, only to be knocked down. Weak Chin>then Strong Will. It is proven.

That being said, he have adapted and is now using his vast physical advantages and his jab-grab-jab-grab-clinch tactics to protect the fragile jaw.

I expect Wladimir to drop out of the p4p glass rankings real soon, it is disputable that he should be on the p4p list even now.
                  A future Wilder right hand though could very well elevate him up to top 5 p4p.
                  We shall see
                  LMAO...this made me laugh harder than I've laughed in a while!!...I'm in tears...REAL TALK!!!...green man!!!

Comment

The problem with the list is some of the guys on it are past prime. Many fighters dont take punches well towards the end. Jones and Taylor dont have anything left. Green is at the end as well though he may not realize it. And Zab is more of a mental thing then chin thing. Kosta stopped him early but he took accumulated punishment from Cotto. Khan dropped him with a body shot and he choose to take a count. More mental. Wlad had some KO losses but he is a different fighter today. Kirkland just doesnt protect himself properly at times. Still should not have been dropped by Ishida but that may reflect conditioning. Khan does have a vulnerability and is a prime fighter.

Comment

Gamboa should be on the list and Broner should be higher.

Gamboa been dropped ALOT, esp in early rounds by a ton of diff guys. Weak Defence + bad chin in early rounds leads to KD's, once he gets going with defense he rarely gets dropped.

Broner just has a weak chin, what he does have is quick recovery rate, something that Amir Khan wishes he had, getting Broner down is no problem, its finishing him off. Gotta time it perfectly, knocking him down with under 30sec to go is useless since he'll most likely survive, but getting him early/mid round is much much better aslong as you can apply pressure.

Comment

Working...
                      X