No announcement yet.

The Unpopular Opinion thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vincebond View Post
    Sugar Ray CLEARLY beat Hagler. Wasn't even close.

Floyd Mayweather would spank Ray Robinson.

Jake Lamotta was a cheap shot artist, like most fighters in that era, because there was no neutral corner rule after knockdowns. I was watching a Lamotta fight a while back and I couldn't believe how he knocked his opponent down and then stood over him so he could hit the guy again before he got up.

Lennox Lewis is the only British fighter who wasn't overrated.

Roy Jones had a good chin.
    There has been a neutral corner rule since the second Tunney-Dempsey fight.

However that is more valid than some of your other opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      Any unpopular/unusual/out of the ordinary opinions you have to do with boxing, share them here.
      (Before anyone mentions it, yes this was stolen from ESB.)
      You, Sir, are a **** stirrer :hahahaha9:

Cheers!

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        There has been a neutral corner rule since the second Tunney-Dempsey fight.

However that is more valid than some of your other opinions.
        These are UNPOPULAR opinions. I don't care if you think they're invalid. :blow:

p.s. I meant to put Jack Dempsey instead of Lamotta.

Comment

Originally posted by vincebond View Post
          Sugar Ray CLEARLY beat Hagler. Wasn't even close.

Floyd Mayweather would spank Ray Robinson.

Jake Lamotta was a cheap shot artist, like most fighters in that era, because there was no neutral corner rule after knockdowns. I was watching a Lamotta fight a while back and I couldn't believe how he knocked his opponent down and then stood over him so he could hit the guy again before he got up.

Lennox Lewis is the only British fighter who wasn't overrated.

Roy Jones had a good chin.

How was Chris Eubank overrated?

Comment

Wow I'm surprised at the number of comments that were about Welsh boxers!

I love Freddie Welsh, he was born in the same town as me. I wish I'd seen enough of him to be able to confidently say he was one of the best defensive fighters of all time, but I haven't. I've found the Packey MacPharland and Johnny Summers fight on You Tube, but that's all I've seen of him.

Jimmy Wilde not an ATG? I can understand that point, he had a long title reign and an amazing KO percentage, but not many top names on his resume. Still greatest British fighter of all time in my opinion. Whether that means he's an ATG is another matter.

Sven Ottke would not beat Joe Calzaghe, unless you mean in a German hometown verdict sort of victory. Joe's skillset was far superior to Ottke's.

My unpopular opinion: Bernard Hopkins middleweight reign was uninspired and he should not be considered a top 10 Middleweight champ.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              You and Ruben are the only others I've ever spoke to that think he isn't up there, I remember questioning someones list for having Wilde above Charles and pretty much everyone came down on me like a ton of bricks saying that Wilde could be ranked above Charles and there's not much between them.
              Thought it was ludicrous.
              next time you have a discussion like that me count me in your side.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                You, Sir, are a **** stirrer :hahahaha9:

Cheers!

Poet

Comment

Hagler wasn't intimidated by Duran.
                  Muhammad Ali is borderline Top 10 P4P.

Comment

JMM was a better skilled and overall a better technical boxer than JCC

Comment

Ricardo Lopez is an all-time P4P Top 10 fighter.

Chris John is a certifiable all-time great.

Henry Armstrong's best weight was at featherweight.

Sugar Ray Leonard legitimately beat Hagler.

Niccolino Locche could have been the GOAT if he had taken better care of himself.

Mike Tyson, in his prime, wasn't nearly as good as he is made out to be.

Any fight that doesn't go at least eight or nine rounds is boring.
                      Last edited by SBleeder; 07-09-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X