No announcement yet.

Why do so many fighters with crappy defense try to imitate Floyd>

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do so many fighters with crappy defense try to imitate Floyd>

Berto did it last night, Alvarez has done it, a few others recently have done it. They all look moronic, and get hit more than they would if they just kept both gloves in front of their face. Do they really think its as simple as adopting that stance, and their defense will be better?

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Berto did it last night, Alvarez has done it, a few others recently have done it. They all look moronic, and get hit more than they would if they just kept both gloves in front of their face. Do they really think its as simple as adopting that stance, and their defense will be better?
    I'm assuming you're talking about Berto?
    His should roll defense had to of been the least effective usage of that defensive tactic!

Comment

Berto's attempt was funny.

He just put his shoulder up and stood still in that position, he didn't even try and use any body or head movement. Guerrero was hitting him with the right to the body at will in that position.

They really need to stop it. It requires a lot of skill and those who lack it just look stupid and get punched in the face. Just go back to your regular defensive posture and leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
        I'm assuming you're talking about Berto?
        His should roll defense had to of been the least effective usage of that defensive tactic!
        A lot of fighters do it lately, not just Berto. They all look bad doing it, and get hit at will. The only one who can use that stance effectively is Broner, and even he gets hit plenty.

Its like they think its as simple as using that stance, and their defense will magically be good now.

Comment

Berto tried......................................... Epic Fail!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            A lot of fighters do it lately, not just Berto. They all look bad doing it, and get hit at will. The only one who can use that stance effectively is Broner, and even he gets hit plenty.

Its like they think its as simple as using that stance, and their defense will magically be good now.
            Do you think Guerrero would be able to do a job on Broner?
            Ponce De Leon gave Broner alot of 'Problems' no pun intended.

On that said I agree Broner uses it alot more effectively than most but that's mainly boils down to natural talent but he doesn't to me look like a fighter who 2/3 years down the line will be undefeated If he carries on fighting top level fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              Berto tried......................................... Epic Fail!
              I don't even like Berto but couldn't help shout at the television after the 3rd round for him to just go back to a normal defensive stance, I guess what Broner said about Berto was far from the truth.

Comment

I think Cotto tried this as well and still got tagged. It was a few fights ago.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
                  I think Cotto tried this as well and still got tagged. It was a few fights ago.
                  it doesn't work for him either.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                    Do you think Guerrero would be able to do a job on Broner?
                    Ponce De Leon gave Broner alot of 'Problems' no pun intended.

On that said I agree Broner uses it alot more effectively than most but that's mainly boils down to natural talent but he doesn't to me look like a fighter who 2/3 years down the line will be undefeated If he carries on fighting top level fighters.
                    Guerrero-Broner would be a toss up.

Guerrero has now solidified that he has god size and strength at 147, with that in mind he might even be a slight favourite. Guerrero can box and as he showed last night, he can get in close, rough you up and win a brawl.

Comment

Working...
                    X