Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko: Where will you rank him on the list of Heavyweights????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    You're insane. Even though I don't care for Bowe, as he straight up avoided Lennox, his quality wins were superior to Vitali's. And why are you bringing up PED's, when talking about Vitali??????

Bowe beat Tony Tubbs, Evander Holyfield (WBC/WBA/IBF HW champ/#1 HW/#4 P4P), Michael Dokes, Herbie Hide (WBO HW champ/Top 10 HW), Jorge Luis Gonzalez (Top 10 HW), and Andrew Golota (Top 10 HW).

His wins over Holyfield, a HOF and ATG, alone are far far far greater than anything Vitali did. And then he had a few more solid wins, same as Vitali.

Bowe > Vitali
    No he isn't. Bowe's one of the most overrated heavies of recent years, and he didn't beat Golota in any meaningful sense, certainly not in a manner that counts in discussions like these. Tubbs, Dokes and Hide are decent wins, but nothing that are head and shoulders above some of Vitali's opponents, and Vit's KO over Hide a few years later eclipses Bowe's struggles with him, even taking into account the time gap of four years. Evander remains Bowe's main claim to fame, but longevity of reign plus consistency of performance need to be taken into account as well, and in both categories Bowe was severely lacking.

Comment

Rank him very highly, easily inside top 10. Never behind on the cards in any fight or taken a single count. Only lost two contests due to injury. A guy who would take any fight, including a two week notice encounter with Lewis.

Comment

Vitali is the stat king, not resume king. That isn't to say stats are worthless. Also, it's sort of strange how Chisora and Solis were two of the best guys he fought but weren't ranked. The Lennox fight doesn't hurt him either.

And Vitali>Bowe. Claiming otherwise is insane. How you win fights counts too.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          These are all valid points.

The problem is, his resume is very weak.
          I agree, but it's not like he had better fighters to fight. It's not his fault he was reigning in an era with a shallow division. That's why in my opinion when ranking fighters you have to go based more than on just resume. Do you really think Ali would beat Vitali? I can't see it, even tho I love Ali and he is my second favorite fighter

Comment

Working...
          X