Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Money doesn't chase fighters, the fighters should chase money.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money doesn't chase fighters, the fighters should chase money.

I hear a lot of Top Rank/HBO fighters calling out Mayweather hoping to get that fight yet...they stay with Top Rank/HBO. I understand that they have a contract to fulfill but they extend the contract still calling out Mayweather. This makes no sense to me. That's like saying, "I want to work at that company that pays more, but I'm not going to leave this company." Do fighters think they can simply call out someone from another network or promotion and think money is just going to come to them? I'm over here thinking money doesn't chase us, so we chase money. That is the type of logic that makes sense to me. I have always understood that one simple logic, even as a child. If Lucas Matthysse wants to fight Pacquiao, then he should make the move to HBO. If Martinez wants to fight Canelo, he should make the move to Showtime. Money is going to stay where it's comfortable. The fighter who wants the money should chase the money. Am I weird for thinking this? Am I the weird one here? I don't get it.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

Comment

A one legged duck swims in circles.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
            I hear a lot of Top Rank/HBO fighters calling out Mayweather hoping to get that fight yet...they stay with Top Rank/HBO. I understand that they have a contract to fulfill but they extend the contract still calling out Mayweather. This makes no sense to me. That's like saying, "I want to work at that company that pays more, but I'm not going to leave this company." Do fighters think they can simply call out someone from another network or promotion and think money is just going to come to them? I'm over here thinking money doesn't chase us, so we chase money. That is the type of logic that makes sense to me. I have always understood that one simple logic, even as a child. If Lucas Matthysse wants to fight Pacquiao, then he should make the move to HBO. If Martinez wants to fight Canelo, he should make the move to Showtime. Money is going to stay where it's comfortable. The fighter who wants the money should chase the money. Am I weird for thinking this? Am I the weird one here? I don't get it.
            It's funny that these points don't come out until Floyd brings it up ..... then the Floyd fans get on board and roll with it.

Floyd said "TAKE THE TEST AND WE HAVE A FIGHT" Was there a fight? No

Fights have been made before where nobody had to budge especially when there was enough money for everyone to be happy.

Comment

Who are you even talking about??? It seems to me everybody nowadays knows there position.
              Fighters do chase money, but he's just so fast....

Comment

That's why Khan is next. Makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                X