No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrew Selby is Looking To Make History in Minsk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andrew Selby is Looking To Make History in Minsk

Andrew Selby will bid to make history by becoming the first British boxer to retain a European Amateur title in Minsk next month.

The Welsh flyweight is one of a 13-strong elite squad named by GB Boxing on Wednesday for the tournament in the Belarusian capital from June 1 to June 8.

Selby, clinched the title in Ankara in 2011 with a close points win over Russia's Georgy Balakshin, is joined by England pair Gamal Yafai and Charlie Edwards, who have previously won European bronze medals.

But there is no place in the squad for Olympic super-heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, who is still mulling over his future options and is yet to sign a contract committing himself to the GB set-up.

[Click Here To Read More]

selby's are doing big things fair play to them

Comment

I've said it before imo Andrew Selby is the most naturally gifted fighter in the UK, he can do it all, never any guarantees that gifted amateurs will adapt to the pro's but I'd be very surprised if he didn't given his ability.

His brother Lee looks a real talent also - still v much a work in progress though.

Andrew - needs to turn pro soon - maybe stay on till the next World's but Olympics aside, there is nothing left for him in the Amateur's. He'd be 27/28 i think if he waited for the next Olympics and can get injured anytime (then it's 3 years down the drain).

Comment

Looking forward to seeing some of the new British Talent like Bateson and McGoldrick

Comment

Working...
        X