Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMO most boxers are on some sort of PEDS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you're right. Widely available, hugely beneficial, almost no chance of getting caught. It would be naive to to think it's not widespread, all the conditions for a doping culture are there.

Boxers face more extreme physical demands than any athletes outside of the hardcore endurance sports. If you've got the skill and you can meet those demands then you can change your life. And what's more, everybody else is probably doing it anyway. Yeah I think most guys would be willing to take something that might not be 100% kosher in those circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
      Rigondeaux at least participated in the VADA testing for the Donaire match. And its not like he knew that fight was coming up and could cycle around it.
      Not that this proves he is clean, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt much more than the mountain of other fighters doing absolutely nothing.
      good point, very true

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Random blood and urine tests in the 3 month period before a fight still leaves a hell of a long time when a fighter could be doping.

Year round random blood and urine is the way forward for boxing. But even then weve seen many athletes cheat that system for years before they get caught. Even when they get caught often it was to do with a lab being outed or an insider spilling beans rather being caught in tests.
        Great post TC. I knew someone would counter with this point. You most definitely are on point. There most definitely ways around RBU testing, especially if they're only testing during the period after the fight is signed to the fight night.

Alas these fighters are still negotiating something that is leaps and bounds better than the commission testing, and I will give them much more benefit of the doubt than fighters who are asking for no additional testing.

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
          Just look at their physiques

JMM, pacman...heck maybe even rigonduex is on something

Khan seems clean to me..he doesnt look like hes on something nor does donaire and they are both ardent on vada

what u guys think
          Flowmo with a Manny avy. Oldest trick in the book.

To top it off, this man has "Asian Pride" under his banner. Very low key, might I add.

Comment

people caught on steroids should be put on public display getting **** thrown at them whilst being ridiculed and banned from sport for life

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
              people caught on steroids should be put on public display getting **** thrown at them whilst being ridiculed and banned from sport for life
              I totally agree with this post..

Comment

Agreed 100%. I think people overlook the fact that it is their profession, what pays the bills so certain niceties, like competing fairly, are going to be overlooked.

Putting things into context, I'm an academic. If someone gave me drug that would improve my thinking capabilities I would have taken it in a heart beat. Unfortunately such a thing doesn't exist but the general point stands. Athletes would experience the same frustration of not being able to perform at their maximum, drugs exist for them to peak out.

Not exactly saying it is right but that's just how things are.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  Agreed 100%. I think people overlook the fact that it is their profession, what pays the bills so certain niceties, like competing fairly, are going to be overlooked.

Putting things into context, I'm an academic. If someone gave me drug that would improve my thinking capabilities I would have taken it in a heart beat. Unfortunately such a thing doesn't exist but the general point stands. Athletes would experience the same frustration of not being able to perform at their maximum, drugs exist for them to peak out.

Not exactly saying it is right but that's just how things are.
                  LMAO, you weren't saying this during the "take the test!" era.

Comment

YOUR 100% RIGHT
                    ive done steroids and can tell just by looking at someone if theyre on anything

Comment

Originally posted by Tim2daresq View Post
                      LMAO, you weren't saying this during the "take the test!" era.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=574518

FYI he who shall not be named= Mayweather and Pacquiao. I didn't mention their names outright because it has a way of derailing threads.

I have my suspicions about most professional boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X