Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: I Did Schaefer, HBO, Arum a Favor - Ended King

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins: I Did Schaefer, HBO, Arum a Favor - Ended King

IBF light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins was a happy man after defeating Tavoris Cloud at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on Saturday night. Hopkins was happy not because he broke his own record by winning a title at 48-years-old. He was happy because Cloud was the last major fighter in the stable of promoter Don King. Hopkins believes the victory has finally closed the final chapter on the Hall of Fame career of King.

[Click Here To Read More]

Yeah, because Don King has any pull at all in boxing anymore.

Comment

Didn't King win the purse bid for Afolabi v Huck III? I'm not sure this is the last we've seen of him.

lol @ Hopkins "It's not a black-white thing", how is it going to be a black-white thing when King is black?

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawAngle View Post
        Yeah, because Don King has any pull at all in boxing anymore.
        He had enough pull to rob Campillo. The man needs to go, he ruins his fighters. Most boxers hate King. Listen to Chris Byrd talk about him. He pities Cloud being shelved due to King. Collazo also complained about him, and had to wait for his contract to expire before attempting a comeback. Bernard is doing the sport of boxing a great favor by going after King.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Didn't King win the purse bid for Afolabi v Huck III? I'm not sure this is the last we've seen of him.

lol @ Hopkins "It's not a black-white thing", how is it going to be a black-white thing when King is black?
          And he also has Arreola-Stervine for the WBC eliminator which might be a title bout if Vitali retires

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            And he also has Arreola-Stervine for the WBC eliminator which might be a title bout if Vitali retires
            Don defaulted on that bid so now Goosen has that fight.......

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              Don defaulted on that bid so now Goosen has that fight.......
              Hey Star Trek, how's Soupy doing? Is he grandfathering on by fighting the good fight .

Comment

People don't understand the beef with B hop and King, B hop was under King and never flourished, he was sorta like a Marvin Hagler type who never got his just due, and lived in the shadow of Jones and Toney, also when King set up that middleweight tourney he was doing it to make Tito Trinidad look good and build him up, he gave Hopkins the harder fights, and King showed favoritism he was mad when Hopkins won and even said that he didn't beat Tito fair and square or some lame excuses.

King was the man who single handily destroyed the heavyweight division, he kept doing useless pay per views and tourneys, to milk boxing fans. They finally got fed up and stopped ordering his fights, he never built up the heavyweights like he should have, instead he opted to get that German or Russian money and make fights overseas.

King is done, and I don't think anyone will ever do business with this guy again.

Comment

king was bound to slither away in due time, he was already on his way down. hopkins just sped the process up just a little bit

Comment

Is that B-Hop talking or Kratos.

Comment

Working...
                    X