No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: News: Mayweather, Malignaggi-Mosley, Hopkins, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
    well it's obvious you didn't watch Martinez vs Cintron or you would know that Martinez KOed him but the ref over turned it and the "draw" is universally viewed as BS

and if you would have read my entire post you would have also known that I said Martinez weighs less on fight night than Alvarez.

Martinez didn't have a fight lined up because just a few weeks after his Chavez fight he was calling out Mayweather.

maybe you should pay attention to the fights and boxing news before you comment.
    Sergio's been around 167/168 on fight night lately, about the same as Canelo. I find it funny Sergio thinks these guys smaller are ducking him, but he wouldn't even test the waters at 168 against Ward, or fight the best fights in his division right now, which are Golovkin/Pirog/Geale.

Sergio is closer to Andre Ward is terms of actual size than he is to Floyd Mayweather. Ward is about 10 lbs heavier than Sergio, while Sergio is about 15-20 lbs heavier than Floyd.

Sergio fighting at 160 is like Floyd fighting at 147, he may not be the biggest fighter there, but he's solid at the weight. Floyd fighting at 154 is him fighting in a divison he's very very small in. We haven't seen Sergio attempt to fight at 168, a division he'd be very small in.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      It's funny that people are like "Fight a threat Floyd!!!" and when we talk about potential threat, it's the Middleweight champion who's two division above him.

It's just funny. Sergio isn't going to 154. He's been at 160 now for his last 8 fights, including Murray, and 4 years now. The idea of Sergio really being a 154 lb fighter is gone, it's like saying Floyd could make 140 realistically and should be fighting there or could. Floyd could possibly make 140 still but he wouldn't be half the fighter he is at 147 if he had to drop that much weight. People are fooling themselves thinking Sergio can all of a sudden cut back down to 154 over 4 years since fighting there and be the same guy.

http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-l...nez-150--48703

Martinez came into his fight with Macklin at 157, 159 against Chavez. people act like he's a huge middleweight, he's not.

if you can't fight at 154 than don't fight at that weight. if Mayweather is too small for 154 then he shouldn't be there nor should he cherry pick titles at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
        Golden Boy just tossing out the mismatches

Mosley is finished, I don't know how many times this guy has to lose for people to understand that. he looked horrible against Sergio Mora, had one good punch against Mayweather and couldn't pull the trigger against Pacquiao or Alvarez.

but if people want to believe Mosley isn't shot, ok you believe everything GBP tells you.

Mayweather vs Alvarez is a farce. Mayweather complained that Sergio Martinez was too heavy but Alvarez rehydrates heavier than Martinez. Mayweather is just banking on the Alvarez fans to blindly think he has a chance. personally I'm sick of Mayweather's cherrypicking, when will he fight somebody with a style that benefit him.

Martinez may fight at 160 but rehydrates to 165 and yet he is too big LOL!

eventually Golden Boy will run Showtime's credibility with terrible match making it's just too bad we have sit through it.
        FLoyd never wanted this fight until recently. It's been the fans, GBP and Canelo begging for it. And if not Canelo, then who? Martinez? He has a fight lined up and before now he was possessed by wanting to fight Chavez. How is this cherry picking on Floyd's part?

Comment

Originally posted by Thickback View Post
          FLoyd never wanted this fight until recently. It's been the fans, GBP and Canelo begging for it. And if not Canelo, then who? Martinez? He has a fight lined up and before now he was possessed by wanting to fight Chavez. How is this cherry picking on Floyd's part?

http://www.boxingscene.com/merchant-...y-floyd--52603

http://www.************.com/2012/05/...ayweather-yet/

The logical boxing fans feel that Alvarez still isn't ready and needs to face a real challenge (Cotto Trout winner = Trout) before fighting the best.

Does beating a 40 year old Mosley at JMW really prove that Alvarez is ready for Floyd? I mean really, everyone but Alvarez himself said he was not ready for Mayweather earlier this year.

What changed?

and yet somehow people want to turn it on Floyd? lol
          Last edited by WESS; 12-19-2012, 02:03 PM.

Comment

I think Mosely's speech has come to sound really slurry.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
              http://www.boxingscene.com/merchant-...y-floyd--52603

http://www.************.com/2012/05/...ayweather-yet/

The logical boxing fans feel that Alvarez still isn't ready and needs to face a real challenge (Cotto Trout winner = Trout) before fighting the best.

Does beating a 40 year old Mosley at JMW really prove that Alvarez is ready for Floyd? I mean really, everyone but Alvarez himself said he was not ready for Mayweather earlier this year.

What changed?

and yet somehow people want to turn it on Floyd? lol
              My man, thats the point I've made in several threads. I think u pegged me on the wrong side of the argument. GBP, and Canelo have been talking about Floyd for the last few months, so it has been talked about a lot lately.

But, Canelo hasn't done a damm thing in boxing to deserve a fight like this. And just this year, Floyd said he wasn't beat for a Canelo or an RG fight. DLH and Schaefer knew Canelo wasn't ready. Canelo has yet to fight a threat in his entire career. But now, FLoyd is ducking him according to these "fans" on BS. No matter what FLoyd does or what the chronological order of things are, the people on this site will never be happy. People are saying either Floyd is cherry picking Canelo or that he's scared of him. These cats here are ridiculous.

Comment

My man, thats the point I've made in several threads. I think u pegged me on the wrong side of the argument. GBP, and Canelo have been talking about Floyd for the last few months, so it has been talked about a lot lately.

But, Canelo hasn't done a damm thing in boxing to deserve a fight like this. And just this year, Floyd said he wasn't beat for a Canelo or an RG fight. DLH and Schaefer knew Canelo wasn't ready. Canelo has yet to fight a threat in his entire career. But now, FLoyd is ducking him according to these "fans" on BS. No matter what FLoyd does or what the chronological order of things are, the people on this site will never be happy. People are saying either Floyd is cherry picking Canelo or that he's scared of him. These cats here are ridiculous.
                I figured....

Comment

Floyd should man up and fight Martinez. Floyd was 151 lbs vs Cotto and Martinez was 159 lbs defending vs Chavez.. its not 15-20 pounds difference between Floyd and Martinez as some people claim. Floyd should enhance his legacy further.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Sergio's been around 167/168 on fight night lately, about the same as Canelo. I find it funny Sergio thinks these guys smaller are ducking him, but he wouldn't even test the waters at 168 against Ward, or fight the best fights in his division right now, which are Golovkin/Pirog/Geale.

Sergio is closer to Andre Ward is terms of actual size than he is to Floyd Mayweather. Ward is about 10 lbs heavier than Sergio, while Sergio is about 15-20 lbs heavier than Floyd.

Sergio fighting at 160 is like Floyd fighting at 147, he may not be the biggest fighter there, but he's solid at the weight. Floyd fighting at 154 is him fighting in a divison he's very very small in. We haven't seen Sergio attempt to fight at 168, a division he'd be very small in.
                    Floyd would clearly be ducking him if he ended up fighting Canelo since they are the same size. Canelo also has not offered a catchweight, is younger, and has not fought any top guys in his division.

I don't necessarily agree, but Chavez was ranked no. 2 in the division and Martinez is looking for big money fights at this point in his career, so I can understand what he is doing. It also isn't as if Murray is a terrible fighter.

Sergio's team has admitted he would lose to Ward, while Floyd's father and his uncles have all said he would beat Martinez. If Floyd didn't believe he could don't you think he would at least say something or tell them to stop saying that? Ward is also like 9 years younger than Martinez, while Floyd would have an advantage in terms of age on Martinez. Martinez has also said he would fight at a catchweight on numerous occasions, although that could have changed, while Ward only said he would once and has since said he thinks Martinez is too small.

It's very possible Floyd is too small to beat Martinez, but his team does not seem to think so.

Also, does anyone have good info on Floyd's fight night weights? His heaviest weight has been at 151 or 152 right? Or was this at the weigh-in before?

Comment

Sergio would take the Floyd fight over the Chavez fight. There is more money in a Mayweather fight and it has the potential to enhance his legacy. Both of those are important when you are turning 38.

He just does not believe Floyd is going to give him the fight any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X