Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did MikeTyson lack heart?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, I think Tyson had enough heart when he was young, because he did take alot of punishment that we forget about. Against Holyfield, Tyson took alot of punishment, but I believe that he bit Holy because he knew he was done. He could have taken the KO. And to say that Tyson had no chin is stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by The HayeMaker View Post
      If he had such a good chin, why did he get knocked out 5 times which two of them came against danny williams and kevin mcbride?
      watch the interviews after the mcbride fight.he just didn't have it anymore according to him.he said he couldn't hurt people anymore & said he would not embarrass boxing by fighting on.when he went down vs mcbride you knew he was retiring.he needed the ropes to get up.he wasn't even hurt he just decided it was over at that point.after the entirnne fight you could see the end was near.his interviews said it all.

Comment

Tyson did not lack heart he always fought back hard, but he wasn't a warrior, a warrior is someone who never ever gets discouraged and always believe he's the best from deep down inside, Tyson just fought back with no fire, no TRUE killer instinct

Comment

"Heart" is a vague term but he lacked mental fortitude. He'd be the first one to tell you that. His head was in a state of chaos and he did not respond well to adversity in the ring.

Comment

Pick any two heavyweights still fighting at this moment and they
            still don't have as much heart as Tyson did...
            asking if Tyson lacked heart is like asking if the Lion is really the king
            of the jungle...

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
              i dont know tyson imo did lack heart but he was generally found lacking when it came to the mind/spirit department.

great champs like ali, lewis even foreman and holyfield have shown strong mental fortitude. have stuck in there when it was tough, overcame odds, showed patience and intelligence during some moments and aggression and drive in others.

tyson imo is alot like rjj, they are good fighters when things are going their way but imo they could lose heart when the fight starts to slip away from them. theyve never shown inner strength to rescue victory from the jaws of defeat.

some might argue tyson did have heart, but he never had focus, mental fortitude or patience.
              I think Roy lacked a chin and what Tyson lacked was infact heart, there is a difference. Tyson had an amazing chin, but not the heart to take advantage of it.

Comment

Working...
              X