Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not paying for boxing bull**** anymore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree witht the sentiment of your post, but I consider Pac/Clottey and Martinez/Pavlik real fights.

Those aren't bull**** fights at all. A large percentage of people thought Clottey beat Cotto.

Mayweather is responsible for most of this. When he was out of the sport, fights were being made.

As soon as he returned, everything became clogged again.

Mayweather needs to re-retire and leave the sport to real fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
      I don't buy PPV's period...
      Me neither (because ive got a dodgey box) but being in the UK we don't get alot anyway. We have to settle for british, comonwealth and european title fights and the occasional "big" fight when SKy feel genorous!

Comment

dont you want floyd fight nate campbell?.............

Comment

I agree with you, man. If Mayweather/Mosley happens I'm buying it but I'm not getting Hop/Jones or Clottey/Pac.

Comment

WAHHHHH!! Who seriously gives a **** about your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
              I am never ordering another boxing PPV again. I do mean ever. And I hope more of you feel this way.

I am sick of every fight falling apart, not getting made or, if it appears made, being cancelled. I am sick of seeing farce fights that interrupt the flow of the logical, great fights. And yes, that includes Pacquiao-Clottey.

Arum gets our interest by throwing Mayweather's name around but has no intention of Pacquiao fighting him. So forget Pacquiao and Arum and their whole team. They made great fights in 2009, but when you dodge the biggest one of all, what's the point?

Then there's Pavlik, who throws around Williams' name, but when it's time to fight, he can't wait to get out of the bout. Since when does it take 6 months to treat a staph infection? You're either an irresponsible punk or you're blatantly ducking your biggest challenge. Given that Pavlik's not even fighting Williams next, I think it's obvious which.

I won't order Mayweather-Pacquiao or any other fight until I see both men in the ring waiting for round 1. You'll notice that doesn't give HBO or Top Rank or whoever much time to sell me the fight. If I'm going to purchase the PPV, I'm going to miss the first round by that point. So I'm not ordering.

But that's what it's come to. No fight is official in my book until it's happening. I want boxing to do well, but I'm tired of being jerked around. Let's stop ordering fights period until the sport gives us what we want.

We want Mayweather-Pacquiao, Mayweather-Mosley, Pacquiao-Mosley, Pavlik-Williams, Klitschko (either) vs. Haye, Lopez-Gamboa, Lopez-Caballero, Vazquez-Caballero, Marquez-Caballero, Bradley-Khan, Dawson-Hopkins.

Stop feeding us bull**** like Hopkins-Jones II, Pacquiao-Clottey, Pavlik-Martinez, Klitschko vs. Bum of the Month, Pavlik vs. Bum of the Week.

I expect HBO or Top Rank to have me assassinated within the week, so it's been real y'all. Keep fighting the good fight.
              -so you're pretty much blaming the pac v may scenario all on Pac and Arum?

-staph infections can take up to 18 months to fully heal, and the antibiotics they use for them can be pretty severe

-Williams v Martinez was a hella fight, better than i think pavlik v williams will be

Comment

Working...
              X