• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
    11 and 12 were close, as was the 6th

1,3,4,5, 8. Chino

2, 7, 9, 10 mayweather

All the close rounds give May a 115-113 victory
    All the close rounds give Chino 116-112

Switch the third and it takes it to 116-112 for May... (Extremely ****ing generous).

Lmao at you cats scrounging for rounds in the first 6! You didn't give Chino the 3rd based on what? And the 8th is a close round for you? That was one of the easiest rounds to score for Chino.
    rd 4 is way more easier to score for pbf than it is to score rd 8 for maidana. an 8-4 score for maidana is a troll score and not to be taken serious, there is a reason the vast majority of press row media scored it for the right guy. what did maidana do in round 11 besides spear floyd? rd 12 floyd beat maidana to the punch and countered him the whole round.
    Last edited by Xi_; 05-11-2014, 04:24 AM.

Comment

• Unless you're on Team Maidana, can't see how you can find a way to give Maidana 7 or even 6 rounds. Mayweather 8-4, 7-5 at worse. You could see Mayweather making the proper adjustments midway through the fight and neutralizing much of Chino's offense and attacks while landing his clean punches, the only thing that kept troubling him were the dirty tactics (fair game, Floyd fights dirty too, not that dirty though). Maidana put up a hell of a fight in a losing effort and Floyd had to really dig deep to pull off some of the close rounds.
      Last edited by _original_; 05-11-2014, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• I have the same late rounds for Maidana

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
          The 117-111 card wasn't a result of all the close rounds going to mayweather.. It was a case of all the close rounds and 1 or 2 of the clear rounds for the other guy going to Mayweather.

They are similar in that Canelo and Broner were OUTLANDED to the "scoring zone", but won their respective fights because their punches were perceived to have done more damage. Maidana would follow this mode. Although he was supposedly outlanded (debatable), he was landing the more damaging blows.

Truth is Floyd didn't have many crystal clear rounds. It's as you say, a 12 rounded fight that is scored round by round. Floyd did look very impressive in rounds 7 and 9...and his peerless performance in those rounds may color the perception of some as to how he was doing the whole fight. But it's a round to round fight. Truth is Maidana won the first 6 rounds 4-2 or at least tied it at 3-3. Giving Floyd 3 rounds of the first 6 is actually EXTReMELY generous but whatever...I'm sure that's what you did.

After 6 Floyd won 7, and 9th, and probably the 10th.

Going into the championship rounds and being extremely generous to May... That's 6 rounds. So then did you proceed to give the championship rounds to Floyd as well? Oh I see.. You gave him one.

Problem is Maidana can easily be 4-2 in the first 6 rounds and the championship rounds are so close he could easily have snagged those as well. Throw in the 8th which is a lock for Maidana and what do you get? 7-5

It seems to me like both sides are jockeying for rounds. All the close rounds to Maidana does NOT give him a draw.. It gives him a win. All the close rounds to Floyd gives him the win. No fair configuration that exists justifies 117-111 for Floyd. Point. Blank. Period. Because Maidana won at the very LEAST 4 rounds. 116-112 is a score for Floyd that gives him every close round.

Hard fight to score. There are 3-4 very close rounds.
          OK. So instead of jockeying for rounds, let's look at a statistical sample of over 100 press scorecards and see how many scored it for Maidana. Oh wait....they did that already and 8% scored it for Maidana.

Oh I get it. Everybody who scored the gat damn fight is biased except you, the thread starter and a few trolls in this thread.
          Last edited by -PBP-; 05-11-2014, 06:39 AM.

Comment

• I've watched the fight three times. When I watched it live, I scored it 7-5 Floyd. On my second viewing, I ha it 8-4 Floyd. On the third viewing, I scored it 6-6. I find it easier to score the fight for Floyd than Maidana.

On an added note, the rounds I always find myself going back and forth on are 3 and 4. Floyd was on the backfoot a lot in the fourth and I ask myself if he won the round considering he was retreating and pawing at his cut. His two big punches came at the very end of the fourth where he shoulder rolled/right uppercuted Maidana twice. But I ask myself that if those two punches eclipse Maidana's output.

Yesterday, I gave Maidana the 11th. Again, I'm sure a lot of people gave that round to Floyd because of the two clean right hands he landed at the very end, but in the final minute (minute and a half maybe?), Maidana's pushing forward and throwing punches up close and Mayweather clinches over and over and over over. Again, I ask myself whether most people score that round for Floyd solely because he scores two eye-catching rights at the very end, effectively stealing the round. I'll have to watch it again as I can't recall how the first half of that round went.

The undisputable Maidana rounds were: 1, 5, 8

The undisputable Floyd rounds were: 2, 7, 9, 10

The rest of the rounds I'll go back and forth on: 3, 4, 6, 11, 12

Which means the ranges can be all the way from 7-5 Maidana to 9-3 Floyd. Floyd looked more convincing than Maidana when you look at the overall picture.
            Last edited by TintaBoricua; 05-11-2014, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X