No announcement yet.

Prime SRL in today's WW.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Wonder if Mayweather would even fight him.
    Yes I wonder the same

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
      I heard in preparation for Marvin during his layoff he engaged in a few closed door fights. I wonder if there is any truth to that.
      Yeah, I have heard that before.. I think he had 2 or 3 of them, rumor has it that he got dropped and had some trouble, so that's why he demanded it be 12 instead of 15 Rds and ring size, etc.. Not sure if any of its true, I have heard that story on several occasions. Can't remember any of the opponents names

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
        I heard in preparation for Marvin during his layoff he engaged in a few closed door fights. I wonder if there is any truth to that.
        I heard back then that was at least one, and that everybody involved had to sign a confidentiality clause.

Comment

Today's welterweights would not even be a good challenge for Leonard. This includes Pacquiao and Mayweather. Ray would have an easy time with either guy. The last welterweight who could have given Ray some trouble was Hoya. Oscar would lose but might not get KO'd.

Leonard would not be alone in his ability to dominate this era easily. Hearns, Duran and Benitez could have done it too.

Comment

Prime SRL would dominate three weight classes today.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
              How do you think he would do in today's WW division? I think he'd be undefeated, and P4P #1.
              He'd smoke everyone in the welterweight division right now. Hed dominate everyone with quite ease.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                Today's welterweights would not even be a good challenge for Leonard. This includes Pacquiao and Mayweather. Ray would have an easy time with either guy. The last welterweight who could have given Ray some trouble was Hoya. Oscar would lose but might not get KO'd.

Leonard would not be alone in his ability to dominate this era easily. Hearns, Duran and Benitez could have done it too.
                I agree with everything you said.

Comment

From what I see right now from GGG he would not have the answers to defeat Leonard. He doesn't have the experience to handle Leonards skills.
                  I simply haven't seen GGG do the things he would need to defeat a complete
                  fighter like Leonard. He would not stalk the way he does because Leonard has more pop than anyone GGG has fought. He punches in combination and works body to head and none of the opponents that GGG has fought are any where near Leonards level.
                  I can see Leonard out scoring him 8-4 even 9-3.
                  I don't think I've seen GGG's best yet so things could change abit but at his age he's not going to learn anything knew he could bring his over all performance up to another level. We might see that against Cotto or Canelo.

Leonard against Pacman is a joke anyone who thinks Manny can actually punch with Leonard is dreaming!

pac...5'5" 140lbs (at his strongest I think)
                  Leonard 5' 10" 155lbs

Just think of Juans right hand against Manny and then imagine a full fledged
                  welter who could punch hitting him square? Manny can't hurt Leonard no way.

There are alot of past welters who would rule this crop of contenders.

Kid Gavilan would take care of all of them in about 3 months! hahahaha..!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    That's a tough one, because we really never saw Ray in his prime at mw..

I do think Golovkin is probably the most capable guy to beat leonard.. The leonard that dethroned Hagler would get crushed by current Golovkin
                    So a fighter with ZERO quality wins (ggg) would crush the version of Leonard that fought Hagler? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Yeah, I have heard that before.. I think he had 2 or 3 of them, rumor has it that he got dropped and had some trouble, so that's why he demanded it be 12 instead of 15 Rds and ring size, etc.. Not sure if any of its true, I have heard that story on several occasions. Can't remember any of the opponents names
                      do some homework, it wasn't Hagler that demanded the distance or large ring

Comment

Working...
                      X