NSAC Scrutinizes Levi Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      I think that Judges are sometimes given a raw deal.

When we assess how a fight should be scored, there is a tendency to think it is a close fight so the score cards should also be close. What usually happens is individuals allocating rounds to even things out.

Judges should score rounds in isolation; to that end, lopsided rounds could be a result of consistency. If a round is close, and all the other rounds follow the same pattern, they will likely score those rounds the same.

That being said, robberies occur and certain patterns are emerging. If these things were a one off, I would chalk it up to the above; but, the tendency to have at least one card being overly generous, to the favoured fighter, is a cause for concern.
      Yeah, like two reasonable scores and one "WTF" score, as in the Floyd-Canelo fight where one judge had it a draw.

Every single time a "judge" makes an indefensible score, they need to be called on the carpet and explain themselves. This sport is a borderline joke. If the scoring isn't dependable, what's left? "Sports entertainment." That's what.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
        Lmao ikr see if I was a Lara fan id never go on the site and cry and moan like this I've thought fights were robberies before aka Pacman vs Bradley but I never *****ed and whined about it like the Lara fans lol!
        The moaning from them is the only reason its being investigated Levi Martinez is a good judge and he scored it correct.

The grass isn't always greener on the otherside huh Lara?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          From Steve Carp, Las Vegas Review Journal on Twitter

Talked to Nevada Athletic Commission at post-fight Presser and they expressed concerns over Levi Martinez's work judging Canelo-Lara

NAC chairman Francisco Aguilar and exec. Dir. Bob Bennett said Martinez's scores differed by one third with Vegas judges Roth and Moretti.

The width of those scores are what concerned them. And yes, they asked him to explain his card

Granted this was not an easy fight to score but the NAC said Martinez's work deserved to be scrutinized. I agree.

Bottom line: don't expect Levi Martinez to judge a big fight in Vegas anytime soon.
          Martinez has turned in a few ****ty scorecards but he always gets work.

He scored Lomachenko over Salido and Viloria over Estrada. I thought both were bad calls but the Viloria Estrada card was especially bad IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
            no way canelo won 8 rounds or more. you're almost levi martinez bad when it comes to scoring and you seem okay with that which is also shocking.
            He did in my eyes. I've said it many times before, running doesn't win you fights. Lara has the tools and he just needed to take a bit more risks, which he didn't. In the end it costed him.

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            Do you really want me to go thru his BoxRec and post all his scores? Its not about messing up the scores. Is it a coincidence that he gave Lomachenko the fight plus Canelo and Broner some scores wider than they shouldve been?

I can easily bring up others. I couldnt bother. Not worth my time. People know who this guy is and what hes been up to.
            I can do just about the same with any judge. I can nitpick them too. No one is going to be perfect. The human eye can catch so much, seeing it live is a different experience than watching it on tv. Sometimes judges catch some stuff that we don't and vice versa. That's part of being human.

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
            What was done for Molina when he was robbed of a decision victory against Lara?
            Were the judges investigated... Typical bias.
            Exactly!!!

Comment

Working...
            X