No announcement yet.

Negative UK commentators..?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative UK commentators..?

What the sheeit was their problem, Bellew boxed well and wore Miranda down...sorry it wasnt over in the first round in some bloody war.

It looked like he was scared of Miranda. Not saying he was but he was too cautious of Miranda's right hand. There were openings and times where he was throwing combos and had Miranda but he'd just stop. What the heck was up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      It looked like he was scared of Miranda. Not saying he was but he was too cautious of Miranda's right hand. There were openings and times where he was throwing combos and had Miranda but he'd just stop. What the heck was up with that?
      Well..Miranda can knock people out with his right hand so yes a boxer will be cautious of it.

Comment

I only caught the second half of the fight and in one of the final rounds, the commentators were mad/shocked/surprised because Bellew had Miranda on the ropes with his hands down......and Bellew just backed up to the middle of the ring and walked away, instead of trying to finish the fight. With like 10 seconds left. I'm not sure what was said by them in the previous rounds, but I have to admit..that was a big "WTF" moment for me, so as commentators commentating on one of their hometown/countrymen fighters.....I can imagine they were having the same thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
          Well..Miranda can knock people out with his right hand so yes a boxer will be cautious of it.
          It's cool to be cautious of it but it seems he was a little over cautious. He was doing a great job already of slipping Miranda's right hand. We all know that right is Miranda's sunday punch but c'mon son, finish up! That part where he walked away from Miranda on the ropes had me yelling at the screen, haha

Comment

They were right. He was so passive and had no Urgency

Comment

The commentary was spot-on. Both guys were hesitant and it made for an awkward fight. Land a good combo on a guy who was fleeing from you (back turned), then walk away? That's **** boxing and it's good to hear an honest call.

Comment

Im from the UK and hate the commentary here.
                Love listening to former fighters dissect fights. Foreman is my favorite. Very knowledgeable.

Comment

They were right.

They were fine with the slow start and the early caution, but they knew what was happening. They were saying after 4 that Miranda was tiring and Bellew should start pushing him back and his combo's would break him down....they were spot on.

Comment

Bellew looked to be holding back because of the power Miranda carries. He done a decent job but Miranda was well in the fight until the later rounds. Bellew wore him down but I think he could have been more aggressive than he was.

Comment

Working...
                    X