Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Im looking for a job and I get emails like this...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
    when i was in college, i was working part time at a movie theater for $4.25/hr
    I was making over $20 an hour when I was in college. I worked as a server and would work 4 hours and go home with 60 bucks, but I had my hourly which was $4 and some change and my job always said I made 1/2 to 1/3 less in tips than what I actually did even though I claimed everything. I made between $300 and $500 a week after taxes. Then the last year I worked there the economy went to **** and I was only making $200 a week working 23 hours a week when I left the job.

I saved a pretty penny while I was in college. Paid off 2 cars in cash and saved some cash up. Luckily I did because Im living off of that now, and I earned the money a year ago.

In China I was making $8 an hour but it was all saving money. They paid for everything, apartment, electricity, roundtrip airefare tickets.

Comment

I don't believe anyone would invite you for an interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
        I was making over $20 an hour when I was in college. I worked as a server and would work 4 hours and go home with 60 bucks, but I had my hourly which was $4 and some change and my job always said I made 1/2 to 1/3 less in tips than what I actually did even though I claimed everything. I made about $300 a week after taxes.

I saved a pretty penny while I was in college. Paid off 2 cars in cash and saved some cash up. Luckily I did because Im living off of that now, and I earned the money a year ago.

In China I was making $8 an hour but it was all saving money. They paid for everything, apartment, electricity, roundtrip airefare tickets.

what was your job in china?

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
          what was your job in china?
          I taught English in a Chinese University. Some of my students were older than me.

Comment

I was making over $20 an hour when I was in college. I worked as a server and would work 4 hours and go home with 60 bucks, but I had my hourly which was $4 and some change and my job always said I made 1/2 to 1/3 less in tips than what I actually did even though I claimed everything. I made between $300 and $500 a week after taxes. Then the last year I worked there the economy went to **** and I was only making $200 a week working 23 hours a week when I left the job.

well, on paper i was making $4.25/hr...however, we were running scams ie. reselling popcorn bags/buckets/tickets and coming home with at least $200 a night (after splitting the money with my partners)...so in essence it was around $20/hr...but this was back in 95 tho so it was decent money

Comment

I taught English in a Chinese University. Some of my students were older than me.
              are you serious? you taught English? YOU?

Comment

when i was in college, i was working part time at a movie theater for $4.25/hr

13.75 is decent wage, its around 28k a year. Its not career money, but its acceptable for entry-level. Id work for less than that now, just to keep me busy while I look for a better job.
                Lol alright, I feel much better now.

My last job 2 years ago I was making $9.75 an hour at the Yankee Stadium just cooking fries and chicken. I would love to make $10+ an hour now but I don't mind starting at $9.75 and working my way up. I ain't cooking fries no more, hell no. Too stressing. I'm not gonna get any job that consists of cooking anything for that matter.

Damn Mak!? $4.25?. I remember the least I worked for when I was 14-16 years old was $5 something an hour. 4.25 use to be the minimum wage?

What was the least minimum wage in the US in the past 20 years BTW?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Lol alright, I feel much better now.

My last job 2 years ago I was making $9.75 an hour at the Yankee Stadium just cooking fries and chicken. I would love to make $10+ an hour now but I don't mind starting at $9.75 and working my way up. I ain't cooking fries no more, hell no. Too stressing. I'm not gonna get any job that consists of cooking anything for that matter.

Damn Mak!? $4.25?. I remember the least I worked for when I was 14-16 years old was $5 something an hour. 4.25 use to be the minimum wage?

What was the least minimum wage in the US in the past 20 years BTW?

minimum wage when i came to this country (1986) was $3.35/hr

Comment

minimum wage when i came to this country (1986) was $3.35/hr
                    how old are you? 30?

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                      are you serious? you taught English? YOU?
                      Yeah, am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                      X