Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I trained at my boxing gym. This is what my trainer told me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol you are beginner and already sparring. that is why i never fkn train while im in US. and trust me.. you won't ever have a pro fight.. unless you don't care having a brain damage during your trainings. don't get me wrong though.

when i came to the gym in US, 1st what the coach asked, if i want to fight on Friday night, sorry for my russian language but i told him to **** himself and let him know, that i never trained before, even though the year before in 08 i took gold in World Championship. My point is.. is useless to enforce beginners sparr against more skilled guys in the gym.

most of the people that start training in my gym dont have blood on their face for 1-2 years for sure.

good luck with your trainigns, though

Comment

Originally posted by kyshenko team View Post
      lol you are beginner and already sparring. that is why i never fkn train while im in US. and trust me.. you won't ever have a pro fight.. unless you don't care having a brain damage during your trainings. don't get me wrong though.

when i came to the gym in US, 1st what the coach asked, if i want to fight on Friday night, sorry for my russian language but i told him to **** himself and let him know, that i never trained before, even though the year before in 08 i took gold in World Championship. My point is.. is useless to enforce beginners sparr against more skilled guys in the gym.

most of the people that start training in my gym dont have blood on their face for 1-2 years for sure.

Call the Amber Lamps.

Comment

Aren't you a Southpaw though?

If so I don't think shoulder roll isn't that good from that stance. There isn't a proportionate amount of Southpaws to warrant trying to master that stance as a southpaw.

But much props to you man. I'm going to get back into the gym myself

Comment

Originally posted by goldenglove2 View Post
          Call the Amber Lamps.
          -)) still green k sent

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
            G-Dog. I have to admit, you're probably the most honest member on Boxingscene. You're not even ashamed to admit you've got beaten by a smaller guy.
            He's a Canadian.

They are naturally() passive aggressive people

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
              So we hit the heavybag and skipping rope, Then lastly we went to sparring. I used my self-taught shoulder roll-philly shell when i was against the ropes and i tried to emulate james toney to a tea!

The guy tried going up stairs on me and i blocked and rolled all those then he took 2 shots to the body and i was down for the count LOL. Man that sucked. Then the trainer told me

"Son i dont want you to ever use that chicken **** move, That can get you hurt if you dont use it effectivly"

Man that sucked. The guy is just an ametur fighter and he knocked my ass to the canvas and i outweighed him by 30 lbs.

But he said "Son you got alot of potential, if you get in shape do everything i fkn tell you...maybe,just maybe you get a pro bout one of these days"

So thats a plus!
              I was on the exact same boat when I was younger and 1st started boxing. It's 1 thing to emulate the style of a fighter you like and a whole another ball game to discover the style that best suits your own physical attributes. The james toney/floyd mayweather style is not going to work for tall skinny guys or small dudes with short arms.

Also...for as cool as they make it look....you're a complete fool for lowering your lead hand.

Comment

Originally posted by kyshenko team View Post

You won the 08 World Championship? Whats your name? if you dont mind me asking

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
                  So we hit the heavybag and skipping rope, Then lastly we went to sparring. I used my self-taught shoulder roll-philly shell when i was against the ropes and i tried to emulate james toney to a tea!

The guy tried going up stairs on me and i blocked and rolled all those then he took 2 shots to the body and i was down for the count LOL. Man that sucked. Then the trainer told me

"Son i dont want you to ever use that chicken **** move, That can get you hurt if you dont use it effectivly"

Man that sucked. The guy is just an ametur fighter and he knocked my ass to the canvas and i outweighed him by 30 lbs.

But he said "Son you got alot of potential, if you get in shape do everything i fkn tell you...maybe,just maybe you get a pro bout one of these days"

So thats a plus!
                  Good advice. People I train with try to emulate Floyd all the time. It's annoying.

Keep at it man. Find a good iPod playlist too for your runs, they can make all the difference.

Comment

what plays in my imagination from what youre telling is you were busy depending, rolling, deflecting those attacks on your upper and you forgot to look after your sides and body and you took your eyes off from your opponent. prolly you were imagining being floyd or toney and in between those moments youre like "oh man, im good" then you missed your opponent switching to your body. thats split seconds but still very much anticipated. now whats the lesson from it all? IMHO, never spend all the time thinking how well youll do, defending, attacking but also how your opponent will react. like what happened to you, you should have anticipated when you shut him out upstairs he will naturally go elsewhere and look for where you are vulnerable. what happened was probably his plan, hell attacked you upstairs and when you reacts and gets busy there he suddenly switched... boom! down you go, he just set a trap on you. boxing is not only about attacking and defending, it is also, planning anticipating, baiting, trapping. its also a mind game, so when you stepped atop the ring again be sharp be alert. when you experiment with anything like philly shell defence you should also have a back up plan, do not just stand there forever it doesn't work that long, learn to clinch, hold or move away if you cannot counter to stop the onslaught. practice the defence yes but one step at a time. remember even if its just sparring you still can get hurt. like i said be sharp be alert, focus.
                    Last edited by tibbar; 08-21-2010, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by killacash View Post
                      You won the 08 World Championship? Whats your name? if you dont mind me asking
                      Enrike Gogohiya, team Captain-)

i posted few of my fights awhile ago to mangler. only few people know me on this forum. i rarely post

Comment

Working...
                      X