No announcement yet.

US Army: Suicide rate among soldiers continues on record pace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] US Army: Suicide rate among soldiers continues on record pace

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The suicide rate among U.S. Army soldiers jumped in May -- continuing a four-month upward trend and on a record pace for a second straight year, according to Army statistics released Thursday.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/06/11...des/index.html

Sorry s--t thread.This thread is dieing of death already.It's pretty sad for the troops that are that stressed out that they take there own lifes tho.It must be brutal for some of them working them long hours.

Comment

It's hardly surprising though is it?

They never should have gone to war with Iraq in the first place, and had the US "Administration" actually bothered to deal with it's own war-criminals, the Resistance in Afghanistan and Iraq would be nowhere near as big as it is now.

But since their treated like Pawns, returning home in bodybags or with missing bodyparts, it's going to play on their mind.... "What exactly am i here for?"

A friend of mine was a Marine, and said it himself, the whole damn thing there is a joke. The soldiers haven't a clue whats going on.

That in mind, im surprised the suicide rate is not higher

Comment

soldiers have always been stressed out. even more so the farther u go back in time.

i have/had family in every major war going back at least 100 years. my dad, grandfathers, uncles, and brothers have been in wars. i can say first hand that it causes stress not only on the soldier's mind but on the family.

i lost an uncle due to "dealing" with his ptsd. he was in vietnam. he passed on before he was 50 years old and noticably carried around a vivid sense of being constantly depression all day when he was alive.

so, me, i naturally think that wars always should be avoided at all costs and are last resort strategy - and that is also logical as wars cost money and resources,etc. but it seems like america has not held that as a strategy.

Comment

the suicide rate will rise even more once we go on world war III.

Comment

Working...
          X