Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Khan now been vindicated in his decision to leave Roach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I genuinely didn't think Khan has the punch resistance to hold a world title belt of any kind.

Roach did make him a better fighter, sturdier.

Roach told Khan he could beat Garcia with his left-hand - Khan does his own thing - like most fighters really I'd imagine.

Comment

We will know in 2 fights time...

Comment

Caught with the same silly punches, just that Molina can't punch. Roach or Hunter can't get in there and fight for Khan. He'll get knocked out again soon.

Comment

khan will decisively beat garcia in a rematch.

i like what i saw from khan vs molina. he made the right choice in leaving roach.

roach needs to retire because his parkinsons is killing his effectiveness. he could barely give instructions to his fighters during fights because of his illness.

he is a detriment to his fighters now.

Comment

I believe so I don't think an offensive brawler style like Roach likes to teach is beneficial for a guy with a shaky chin like Amir Khan.

Comment

Not after one fight, but I think it was great he was able to get the first one with Hunter in before the end of 2012. Sounds like he won't fight again until April, so that's 4 months of gym time.

I went to the Molina fight and I gotta say that Khan's speed is damn impressive...faster than I thought and up there among the fastest I've seen in person. Even if he always stays who he is, as long as he maintains that level of speed he will be a handful.

Not much bouncing around this time and somewhat less predictable, so that was good. He fought really hard off the ropes in that once sequence, which was really nice, but it definitely looked like it gassed him for the next round and he had to take it off.

He was getting caught with left hooks early in the fight but there were also some that weren't landing because he was bringing his hands back to his head faster and in a better position. After maybe the 5-6th, he barely got touched with anything you wouldn't expect in a typical boxing match. Matched him up with a lighter punching guy who brought a little of his speed from the lighter weight, so he was able to hit Khan which was cool for him confidence. Molina wasn't a bum. All in all, I thought he did pretty good...still kinda like he was in between what was new and what is still leftover.

As far as future fights, I happen think Garcia is on his own path and they aren't going to be looking Amir's way if he beats Zab, but who knows. Molina's style, to me, resembled one you'd want to fight b4 Danny, so I know that is what Khan is thinking.

I guess you might as well get KO'ed by Danny again than by Josesito Lopez who is also going to be dangerous because of the sheer number and types of hooks he throws. Both really good fights for us though.

Comment

no, he didn't prove anything in his last fight
                and he was wrong to scapegoat Roach for his loss to Garcia anyway
                he was winning that fight and simply got caught
                he chose to keep fighting rather than hold and try to recover
                that's on him, not on Roach
                Khan is just a crybaby who's full of excuses
                he won't duplicate his success under Roach with Virgil
                let's see him beat a top name or 2 with him

Comment

Working...
                X