Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who did better or worst in the last 5 years, Cotto, Pac, JMM, Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
    Why is it that for Cotto you have (then he got beat up again) reffering to his Mayweather fight, yet for Marquez you have (lost to Floyd but that's not a knock everyone loses to Floyd) lol
    Because I am trolling a troll?

It isn't hard to point out inconsistencies, I missed a lot of fights too.

Comment

Listing the legit wins each had over Top 10 fighters, it has to be this order.

Pacquiao: Marquez, D. Diaz, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Marquez (could have been a loss though), and what should have been a W over Bradley.

Mayweather: Marquez (not a good win at first but an even older JMM arguably beat Manny at the same weight), Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto.

Marquez: Casamayor, J. Diaz, Katsidis, and what could have been a W over Manny in a close fight.

Cotto: Clottey (could have been a loss, it was a real close fight) and Foreman.

Pacquaio was the most active in good fights, though he wasted time with Margarito and Mosley, and the Oscar at 147 win doesn't count as a legit good win in my book.

Mayweather could have easily been #1 but he was too inactive with his layoffs and than jail time. Still though, his wins over Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto were all good wins when he beat them, and looking back now the Marquez win was a dominant solid win too.

Marquez had some solid wins over Casamayor, J. Diaz, and Katsidis. And he arguably beat Manny, but officially he lost what was a close fight. His wins weren't better than Floyd's at all.

Cotto was clearly the bottom. Had we been going back to 07' when Cotto beat Mosley, it would have made it closer. His only solid or legit good wins were Clottey and Foreman.
      Last edited by 4Corners; 12-04-2012, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        Pacquiao was the worst
        he beat up a smaller DLH
        he won a fake title
        he beat up a old guy he had ducked years before
        he lost to a 38 year old lw
        then he lost to a lww
        then he got ktfo by a 39 year old lw

Cotto second worst
        he got beat up by marg
        he might have lost to Clotty
        he got beat up again
        he got his revenge on marg
        then he got beat up again
        then he got beat up again

Marquez second best
        robbed against Pacquiao
        beat up casa
        lost to Floyd (but that's not a knock, everyone loses to Floyd)
        beat up diaz again
        beat up Pacquiao again
        fought some bums while waiting to beat on Pacquiao some more
        ~and he is about to beat up on Pacquiao againandddd check

Floyd Mayweather
        comes out of retirement and gives Marquez the ass whooping of a lifetime(something Pacquiao can't do)
        beats up Mosley( same mosley that Pacquiao ran away from/knocked out Margarito)
        beat up ortiz(you know ortiz, a welterweight champion, something Pacquiao hasn't been in the ring with in 5 years?)
        went up in weight and beat up Cotto(without a catchweight, something Pacquiao is afraid of doing)
        43-0

Comment

Take Floyd out of the list, He at home watching all the great fights

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
            Take Floyd out of the list, He at home watching all the great fights
            Floyd beat two of the other three on that list......and beat them convincingly. Something no fighter on the list can say.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              Financially Floyd. Fights 4 times... Becomes highest paid athlete.. Sounds good to me.

In all seriousness...

Jmm...in the public eye.
              Cotto...every loss is attributed to the wrappings in his fans eyes.
              And a tie between Floyd and Pac for last.

Floyd's most exciting fights have been against his wife and 50.

Pac becomes fighter of the decade with arguably 5 losses...fighting shot fighters. The same shot fighters that have Floyd on the bottom of the list...AND he is getting ripped off by Arum. This is all while being thought of as the lesser fighter (is the underdog) of the two big names.

Honestly as much as I hate Floyd I'd rather be him or JMM of the 4. I'd hate to be Cotto the most followed by Pac. Pac is at least loved by his peeps...unlike Floyd.

LOL... so true

Comment

Working...
              X