Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking PED revelations by T. Hauser. GBP, Mayweather, Quillin, Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    sigh...ur not getting it still. it is not acceptable journalism to write an article premised off a rumour. even if a source is not named, u write an article premised off a source. what u are naming are articles premised off anon sources. that has nothing to do with rumours. rumours are important to journalism most certainly. they are what get the wheels spinning. but with that said, if u are writing an article and that article's foundation is rumour or innuendo, that article is not great journalism. its just not. its irresponsible. hauser did not cite one source not even an anon one. he basically says hes heard rumors and hes gonna run with it. how is that acceptable? thats barely above the crap u get on media take out.
    Again I find myself repeating myself : Rumors don't materialize out of thin air. All rumor stems from a source.

Whether you believe that source to be credible or not is an entirely different matter.

Besides, Hauser hasn't even finished this story - There is more to come. Potentially a bombshell like, say, the revealing of a particular source or sources.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      It's not based on a rumor. It's based on a actual source of Montoya's.

"Montoya, as previously noted, has written a number of articles on the use of PEDs in boxing. On May 20, 2012, a source with extensive knowledge in the area of drug testing told him he believed Floyd Mayweather had tested positive on three occasions for performance-enhancing drugs and that, in each instance, the test results had been covered up by Golden Boy and USADA."
      lmao, the same source montoya had and he backed down from? whatever happened to that montoya article? im pretty sure montoya fired his silo and immediately retracted. if thats what his article is based on, then indeed that is weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alibata View Post
        but it is not written on papyrus though. wtf??

got a legit LOL from this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alibata View Post
          gat dang bro. Honestly nobody really reads the newspaper anymore but old timers that dont know how to work a computer. If they do read a newspaper they read it online.
          yeah and those articles are reviewed by the editor and the legal team and if you make stuff up you get fired and sued. see the difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            Bat,

Answer me this please! Why is Hauser not mentioning that both Peterson and Berto got suspended and didn't go through with their respective fights, just cause they got found out? Morales failed the test, but the Commission and Team Garcia didn't care so the fight went through Morales was taking dietetics and got destroyed. How is it again only a GBP issue.

How about him reporting that GBP and Mayweather had to bring all the doping tests from Mayweather's last 3 fights. From what I remember they had to provide all legal documents and not just the USADA documens. Why would GBP and Mayweather want to expose their finances and numbers to Arum?

Is it possible that Mayweahter is taking pain killers for his arthirtis in his hands and hence he meets the exception by USADA? And if it's not the case, why is GBP being blamed and not USADA?

Why is Victor Conte being used as a credible source against USADA when USADA brought him down?

Why is Victor Conte not mentioned when the writer talks about Berto's failed test. Victor has been working with Berto and has been his supplier for at least a year and a half? Conflict of interest, you bet!

Why is he writing for Maxboxing, who is owned by Steve Kim, who is owned by Top Rank?

Why does he have to mention his relationship with Goodman, to show us that he is objective yet she used to work for GBP and now is no longer working with them?

There are so many red marks and inconsistencies to say the least. Thomas Hauser is a great writer and has very knowledgeable source. My favourite boxing writer to read, but this piece of his is full of holes and propaganda.

Now if he would've written the same article without the inconsistencies it would've had an entirely different effect on the readers. Instead he painted as GBP is an evil company that hasn't lost any money due to fighter being caught doping, hasn't had any success introducing USADA and more importantly, the rumor that USADA is hiding Floyd's results.

Now Conte is Montoya's primary source when it comes to doping so is it possible that Conte is the anonymous source here who has an axe to grind against USADA for obvious reasons?
            I don't know if Hauser puts his reputation on the line in the ongoing Top Rank GBP feud. Many of the questions you raise are relevant and some will likely be answered in the coming days.

Still the Hauser article states so many damning issues that surely they need to be adressed before questioning his motives. Still I am sure that GBP will do anything in its power to drag Hausuer through the mud.

As a fan I am disgusted. Not that there are juicers in the sport. I knew that. But if leading promotors and anti-doping agencies are cheaters and for sale for greenbacks the sport is in dire straits.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Manny agreed to ALL USADA/WADA testing...that is NOT a rumor.
              Manny still hasn't taken any randomized testing....that is not a rumor.The only fighter who requested him to take one,is the fight we are not seeing happen.

It is almost deliberate.Manny can say that he would take the testing until he is blue in the face,but unless he actually does random testing-then it hasn't happened.It can be a form of posturing.

Even more odd that when Manny wanted Shane Mosely to take randomized testing,Shane agreed as long as Manny himself would take the tests,but Manny declined and neither fighter was urged to continue down that path....Roach even admitted this.

While I think rumors of cheating are merely that-unsubstantial rumors-I would still like Manny to agree to testing and actually go through with them. The journalist on here CLAIMS Floyd tested positive for something that he cannot describe,yet after the testing for all of Floyd's fights occurred-he was tested and the results were all negative.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                lmao, the same source montoya had and he backed down from? whatever happened to that montoya article? im pretty sure montoya fired his silo and immediately retracted. if thats what his article is based on, then indeed that is weak.
                Yeah, I would place a lot of money on the source being Victor Conte.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  He likely was and we'll never know.
                  I don't think I want to know. I'd like to keep my heroes pure.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    Again I find myself repeating myself : Rumors don't materialize out of thin air. All rumor stems from a source.

Whether you believe that source to be credible or not is an entirely different matter.

Besides, Hauser hasn't even finished this story - There is more to come. Potentially a bombshell like, say, the revealing of a particular source or sources.
                    he hasnt finished but he specifically says he has no idea if floyd uses peds, which pretty much means he has no real evidence of such outside the rumor. re read the article. he basically cited montoya's rumor and then ran with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Yeah, I would place a lot of money on the source being Victor Conte.
                      i thought it was too. im confident it was in fact, because thats who montoya has been getting his knowledge from the last 2 yrs or so. thats probably why he didnt look to defend himself using the source.

Comment

Working...
                      X