No announcement yet.

ESPN's Dan Rafael: MAYWEATHER-Cotto Will "Blow Away" Pacquiao-Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lacson View Post
    That's a given. Cotto has a huge Puerto Rican following himself. Alvarez has a huge Mexican following. Mosley has some following. Plus May 5, always huge boxing Mexican holiday. Mayweather has some fans too. LOL.

Bradley has none. Pacquiao will have to carry that whole PPV. Not sure who the undercards are, maybe Arce will bring in Mexicans.
    True.

However, I'm just glad to see a great great match-up and fight. This is one of the best fights that can be made in boxing right now (along with Dawson vs Ward, Donaire vs Moreno, etc) and this could be Manny's toughest opponent since Marco Antonio Barrera I.

Comment

That's a given. Cotto has a huge Puerto Rican following himself. Alvarez has a huge Mexican following. Mosley has some following. Plus May 5, always huge boxing Mexican holiday. Mayweather has some fans too. LOL.

Bradley has none. Pacquiao will have to carry that whole PPV. Not sure who the undercards are, maybe Arce will bring in Mexicans.
      That will very likely be the case. Only thing is Pac and Cotto have similar personalities. Except Pac smiles a lot more and sings 80's songs.
      Cotto is just Cotto no special effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
        I like to see how many buys Mayweather vs Williams (in his prime) or any tough fight (that isn't a known name) sells.

Like Victor Ortiz? $78 million

Comment

Of course it will as Bradley isn't even draw let alone a well know name in the sport of boxing (amongst casual fans)

I like to see how many buys Mayweather vs Williams (in his prime) or any tough fight (that isn't a known name) sells.

When you take tough fights, instead of worthless money fights (Pacquiao vs Mosley, Mayweather vs Cotto) then of course you take the risk of not selling a lot of ppvs.

The money doesn't benefit me, so why would anyone care about ppv's when boxing fans should be more concerned with the top fighters facing the best fighters.

Pacquiao vs Bradley respresents that........Mayweather vs Cotto doesn't (and was a blantant cherry pick).
          Why didn't Pacquiao-Cotto do the same amount? Pacquiao-De La Hoya, a million less than Mayweather-De La Hoya?

Comment

Mosley has no PPV following.
            Practically none.

...and I'd welcome a review of Shane's PPV history to be proved otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Why didn't Pacquiao-Cotto do the same amount? Pacquiao-De La Hoya, a million less than Mayweather-De La Hoya?
              1.25 million less, my dude.

Mayweather -Delahoya was fully DOUBLE Pac-Delahoya.

2.49 vs 1.25

Comment

Those questions have been answered by me and others on numerous occasions.

Straight up......would you rather see fights like Pacquiao vs Mosley in which Arum and Pacquiao try to robbed the public by going after a ton of PPV's.......or would you rather see a real fight, that doesn't sell as much, but represents the best facing the best?
                Last edited by Khalid X; 05-12-2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                  Like Victor Ortiz? $78 million

TBH I know for sure Pacquiao vs Bradley will do over 50-60 million.....but honestly I just care about a good matchup.

I get what your saying, and I like you as a poster, however I'm just saying I'm tired of these two guys trying to do numbers instead of facing the best fighters out there.

Comment

Those questions have been answered by me and others on numerous occasions.

Straight up......would you rather see fights like Pacquiao vs Mosley in which Arum and Pacquiao try to robbed the public by going after a ton of PPV's.......or would you rather see a real fight that doesn't sell as much but represents the best facing the best?
                    So then why can't you answer them here? I'd love to hear why and for your sake, I sure hope it doesn't contradict that previous post of yours. Again, why didn't Pacquiao-Cotto do the same amount? Pacquiao-De La Hoya, a million less than Mayweather-De La Hoya?

Comment

When you give legitimate answers to these questions, there'd labelled as "excuses" by the Mayweather worshippers. Christ, get your head out of his arse and use your brain.

Comment

Working...
                      X