No announcement yet.

Olympic Testing should be used in every major sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepublicaEnemy1 View Post

I agree. They name those kind of stuff though. When something unprecedented happens in everything. In this case the sport of boxing and if this kindsof testing is implemented in other sport they'll realize Floyd started all this and I'm pretty sure they will name it... "The Floyd Mayweather ***** Move Law."
    Listen, can't you just have a normal conversation without being a kid and say ''*****'' every post and always talk about Floyd badly?

Look in my posts, I don't talk about Manny Pacquiao in a bad manner, I recognize that he did superb things lately.

But, why would it be a ***** move if you agree that boxers should be tested?

Give me one argument against Olympic Testing, one really good argument and we will discuss. Otherwise, you can continue with your bs posts that aren't constructive at all.

Comment

Originally posted by shabs View Post
      pac fans y dont u all just make a push to make streoids legal since u dont think athletes should be tested for them!!
      its cuz they are not boxer,so they dont give a **** about a boxer's live...

ask any boxer if it will be good to the sport,this test'
      they will say yes!!!
      they are human,and this is fighting,not basketball,basball,running...

pacquiao fans,are ****ing morons

Comment

Stick to the topic, no flaming between fans please. And I disagree with you a lil bit, even if it's baseball,basketball,running, name it.... everybody should be tested to keep the sport clean and to protect the integrity of the sport.

But, in addition, in boxing, it's even more important, because it's a dangerous sport, and cheating could have worse repercussions

Comment

Originally posted by sebspeed View Post
          Listen, can't you just have a normal conversation without being a kid and say ''*****'' every post and always talk about Floyd badly?

Look in my posts, I don't talk about Manny Pacquiao in a bad manner, I recognize that he did superb things lately.

But, why would it be a ***** move if you agree that boxers should be tested?

Give me one argument against Olympic Testing, one really good argument and we will discuss. Otherwise, you can continue with your bs posts that aren't constructive at all.
          1) It's a PROFESSIONAL fight. Top Rank has counteroffered that the testing be done by any given independent agency used by the NBA, NFL, MLB that have a known history of testing PROFESSIONAL athletes.

2)Olympic testing would mean the tests would be RANDOM. Meaning Floyd could happen to get his 5 blood tests squared away with 3weeks left to train while all of Pac's 5 blood tests just so happen to fall on fight week or vice versa. Where would be the fairness in that???

Comment

1) I don't think testing in Olympics or testing in professionals is that different.... Also, I think it's even more pointless, do you agree that MLB was one of the most dirtiest sport and it took so much time to find out that there were people who were on steroids. For example, Barry Bonds, everybody knows he was taking steroids, but he was never officialy accused of taking some......

2) I'm almost 100% sure that they wouldn't take 5 blood tests.... Second, the point of taking random test is that you never know when they'll come. Therefore, you can't say, well they will come on February 15th, so I will stop doping two weeks before to clear my system and I'll start all over again.

Again, I doubt that Pac is a steroid user, BUT, we need to protect the sport of boxing. Who would have said that Shane Mosley was using drugs???

Comment

Originally posted by sebspeed View Post
              1) I don't think testing in Olympics or testing in professionals is that different.... Also, I think it's even more pointless, do you agree that MLB was one of the most dirtiest sport and it took so much time to find out that there were people who were on steroids. For example, Barry Bonds, everybody knows he was taking steroids, but he was never officialy accused of taking some......

2) I'm almost 100% sure that they wouldn't take 5 blood tests.... Second, the point of taking random test is that you never know when they'll come. Therefore, you can't say, well they will come on February 15th, so I will stop doping two weeks before to clear my system and I'll start all over again.

Again, I doubt that Pac is a steroid user, BUT, we need to protect the sport of boxing. Who would have said that Shane Mosley was using drugs???
              1)Then pick any of the agencies used by the NBA or NFL. 2 of the most rigorously tested sports in the U.S. The NFL in particular has been extremely cautious of steroids and PEDs

2)http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4768830

3-5 blood tests and 10-12 urine tests were their target. I understand the necessity of random testing but the fact that it's random means that each fighter is tested on an independent schedule. They dont take same tests on the same days. Random also means that they could cram all the tests into such a timeframe that would detract from training and/or affect 1 fighter's physiology while the other fighter's tests are more sporadic.

Comment

I agree olympid drug testing should be used. Anybody who is against like Pac is questionalbe.

Comment

The NFL program is better than it used to be, but still not on par with Olympic testing, which is the gold standard. The NFL program only allows for a maximum of 6 tests per player during the offseason, which at the max would be about once a month, and during the season they randomly select 10 players per team off of a roster of around 60 players.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                    1)Then pick any of the agencies used by the NBA or NFL. 2 of the most rigorously tested sports in the U.S. The NFL in particular has been extremely cautious of steroids and PEDs

2)http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4768830

3-5 blood tests and 10-12 urine tests were their target. I understand the necessity of random testing but the fact that it's random means that each fighter is tested on an independent schedule. They dont take same tests on the same days. Random also means that they could cram all the tests into such a timeframe that would detract from training and/or affect 1 fighter's physiology while the other fighter's tests are more sporadic.
                    I didn't know that, thanks for the info, I don't think an urine test is really playing on your mental, I don't know if you agree with me. I think they should respect a time frame, for example, they should test both fighter on the same day or in an interval of 2-3 days. Because I agree that if a fighter has to be tested 10 times in his fight week, it can easily play on his mental.

Therefore, I would suggest that they can randomly test both fighter, but they have to be fair and respect a certain amount of time between floyd's test and manny's test.

If Floyd gets tested 3 times in Week X, Manny has to be tested 3 times in the same week, but not necessairly on the same days.

That would be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X